I was just told .....

by FollowedMyHeart 20 Replies latest social family

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

not to go to my sister's high school graduation. Why? It's for home-schooled kids and will be at the La Quinta. So there aren't going to be many people there. If she saw me she would cry. She got the highest grades, so she has to give a speech. It would upset her if she saw me.

I completely understand. That's why my husband suggested we ask first. We don't want to upset her and ruin her important day.

It still hurts, though.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

damn. sorry.

• watersprout
    watersprout

WOW thats harsh!

Why would your sister be upset if she saw you??

Peace

• chickpea
    chickpea

sorry too...

maybe on another occasion you can have a private recognition of her accomplishments

bluddy cult!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That's so sad! I'm very sorry.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

watersprout:

Why would your sister be upset if she saw you??

I DA'd 7 yrs ago and so she, my other sister and my mom have NO contact with me. The last time I saw her was 4 yrs ago at my other sister's graduation at an actual high school. She'd be upset because she misses me and wants me to come back.

chickpea:

maybe on another occasion you can have a private recognition of her accomplishments

I'll be sending her a graduation gift, but apparently a public room at the La Quinta is even too private. Her graduation was the only thing I could have possibly shared with her since it's a public event.

• Iconoclast
    Iconoclast

Could you stand out in the lobby, near the door so you can hear her speech? Or have someone video tape it for you? Or even go set up a camera toward the stage and get it after the ceremony?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

that is painful, so sorry for your loss of family

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

sick. i hope it'll work out some day though. took me some 12 years to reconnect with my siblings. you can't imagine how that felt.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Iconoclast: I won't be there, but my dad is taping it. So I'll be able to see it, now.

J. Hofer: I'm glad you were able to reconnect, even though it took a long time. I think I can imagine how it might have felt. I think about having a relationship with my sisters. I just hope that someday they'll find a reason to leave, like I did. It's hard to want them to start thinking, but have no way of talking with them in order to plant little seeds.

Everybody: Thanks for your thoughts and sympathies. It helps a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit