Working the System

by snowbird 21 Replies latest social current

• snowbird
  • darthfader
    darthfader

He is one lucky victim. It really shows the loopholes in the system.

Good for him.

Legislators --- go close those holes....

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

hahaha what!?! I wanna win a million dollars and then get food stamps! ha

• snowbird
    snowbird

Loophole, yes.

Victim???

Lucky???

Syl

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Screw the system as it screws you........ not that I subscribe to that way of thinking, but I don't really care when someone else does it.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm glad that MOST people are not into that line of thinking.

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

The comments are just multiplying!

LOL.

Syl

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I'm glad that MOST people are not into that line of thinking.

Syl

I agree with you on that, I'm glad most don't either, but I think the JW upbringing has tainted my views towards this goverment and country to the point that I don't care when people take advantage of the system. At the same time, those very people do irritate me because they violate basic principles of decency and proper ethics. I'm torn Syl, its like Satan vs Satan. I mean yeah the guy is driving a convertible Audi and still uses food stamps, by Dubya was never indicted, nor investigated for the serious matter of falsifying information to instigate a war. Every ying, there's a yang, and lately.......I just don't care anymore, and I'm finding less reasons to bother trying to care. Let it all burn.

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's hard to maintain your humanity in the face of corruption, but it can be done.

It's gonna be aw-ight, Miz.

Syl

• AGuest
    AGuest

I hate to say this, dear Miz Sylvie (peace to you, luv!), but it's not only food stamps... and he's not alone. AND... the lion's share of folks who are "working the system" in this way are NOT minorities... not even young... but older white/asian Americans. How do I know? Because I oversaw federal housing... i.e., "Section 8"... for over 25 years. And the loophole exists there, too.

Federal aid is based on annual "income"... and not on things like principal or personal assets. Which means... cars, boats, homes, real estate, bank accounts, lump sum awards, and other investments... are NOT counted... as to their principal value. They are only counted as to any "income" the produce. In that light, I can't TELL you how many seniors I've housed who owned homes, annuities, stocks, bonds, and other investments... NONE of which were counted in entirety... some of which aren't counted at all.

And their usual position? These things are their kids' "inheritance." Yep, Grandma/Grandpa will live in a federally subsized apartment/home... even eat dogfood... before touching the kids' inheritance.

MY position? Those things should be SOLD to pay for Granny's CARE, often at a higher standard... and BUMP those kids! Let 'em go out and work and make their own money (like Granny... or Grandpa... did).

But most folks don't know how the "system" works... nor who's really "working" it. Yeah, I know some of the young folks sell their food stamps for money, and yeah, sometimes it's to buy drugs. But more often than not, it's for Pampers for the baby and pencils/paper for the school-age kids... which the government DOESN'T pay for (or at least, not adequately). Oh, and seniors sell drugs, too. LOTS of seniors... and they don't report the "income."

The system needs an overhaul. I would LOVE to weigh in with some suggestions - I do have some good, workable ones.

Ennywho, thanks for sharing the article and peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

Shel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit