JAPANS EARTHQUAKE - Aftershock Sequence

by sizemik 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

still thinking . . . if you revisit the site there is a link at the bottom to the Christchurch Earthquake . . . both maps are constructed by Paul Nicholls, a geologist here at Canterbury University . . . here's the link anyway . . .

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/

watersprout . . . yes it is an ordeal for them. Having a similar experience here in Christchurch has been a real eye-opener. Some say about 10% of the population here will suffer long-term or permanent psychological problems (that's about 40,000). Like many, I used to view an Earthquake as an event . . . once past you clean up and recover . . . but it's way more than that, each larger shake seems to wind the clock back to day one all over again. We still get 3 or 4 a day here . . . 9 months after the first quake. When you consider the Tsunami as well . . . many in Japan will still be in a living hell . . . I feel so sorry for them.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I was just looking at this seismic activity last night on google earth... truly shocking, no pun intended.

We need to put this in a positive perspective. The earth is shifting in frequency, "ascending" if you will. She is a sentient being with real "feelings" and consciousness. With every tremor, it softens the blow of the "Big One". The Japanese are suffering for all of us. Let's thank them with our prayers and by sending our Love and Light. Even just our thoughts carry REAL energy and weight. "You are gods." "If you have faith the size of a mustard grain, you can tell this mountain, 'transfer from here to there', and it will transfer. Nothing will be impossible for you." "You will do things even greater than these."

Those that have died will be rewarded. Their sacrifice is not in vain.

Send them the Love of Christ, and THANK Mother Gaia for shifting herself gradually and manageably. GRATITUDE. But most importantly... NO FEAR.

• talesin
    talesin

Whoa, that is quite an awesome thing to watch.

Sending Love and Light to people of Japan.

Scarier still, is the nuclear plant *shakes head* WTH are we (humans) doing?

sizemik - I watched coverage of the Christchurch quake , as I have a kiwi buddy. that musta scared the bejeezuz out of you.

tal

• watersprout
    watersprout

Love and light is on it's way to those in Japan

Having a similar experience here in Christchurch has been a real eye-opener. Some say about 10% of the population here will suffer long-term or permanent psychological problems (that's about 40,000).

I have felt a minor earthquake where the bed shook and moved into the middle of the room... That was scary enough... To be in an earthquake that causes death and destruction..... I can't imagine.

Like many, I used to view an Earthquake as an event . . . once past you clean up and recover . . . but it's way more than that, each larger shake seems to wind the clock back to day one all over again. We still get 3 or 4 a day here . . . 9 months after the first quake.

It's causing people to relive the fear with each aftershock.... Are the aftershocks big ones??

When you consider the Tsunami as well . . . many in Japan will still be in a living hell . . . I feel so sorry for them.

Me too! It's amazing the strength of these people though... they are pulling together and not letting it overwhelm them. I would be a wreck!

Peace

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hi watersprout . . .

It's causing people to relive the fear with each aftershock.... Are the aftershocks big ones??

Thanks for you interest. The aftershocks vary a lot. We can go a day or so without feeling one (If we're outdoors or driving we don't always feel them) . . . and then we'll get a day of 6 or 7, some of which can be fairly hefty. We had several in the mid 4's close together a few days back, that rocked for about 40 secs. In fact a 3.7 right under us gave the house a thump about 15 minutes ago. Truthfully speaking, you do adapt . . . aftershocks become a new "normality" after several months of them.

The 6.5 we had on Feb 22nd was technically an aftershock following the 7.1 last September, but because it was right beneath the City and very shallow, it did way more damage . . . and killed 180+ people. 900 commercial buildings in the CBD are awaiting demolition including the town hall and a good many high rise hotels etc . . . it still remains off limits. While it is seldom mentioned . . . it remains in the back of everyones mind the very real prospect of another larger one in the near future. Most see them as "survivable" however, and one just has to remain sensible and safety aware.

The economic uncertainty regarding the future of the city has the mind in limbo as much as anything . . . once again, it's a case of going with the flow and being adaptable. Things could be worse . . . and I guess it's just part of life . . . living in the "shakey isles" . . . thanks again for your interest.

• witnessofjesus
    witnessofjesus

So, did any of you OPEN your homes to the Japanese brothers and sisters who lost it all? They were calling for this back in early April, asking all the Japanese JWs to OPEN their homes if they had a spare room to house a needy JW family who had lost it all during the floods and the tsunami.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit