~Close to Others..Close to My Self~

by freeflyingfaerie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

OK, I'm feeling up to this again...

Thank you, Judge Dread~ not that misery loves company...ok, sometimes it does

AK MCGRATH~ "Fried Green Tomatoes" is one of my fave movies! You're a sweet, tough chic

Well, this internet stuff has its pros and cons. It would be great to be able to be with everyone in person, but then again, it's super-convenient to be typing/reading away while wearing who-knows what! This is a unique forum. Mostly I am going on with my life, but sometimes I just have to come here

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

AK MCGRATH~ "Fried Green Tomatoes" is one of my fave movies! You're a sweet, tough chic

Well, this internet stuff has its pros and cons. It would be great to be able to be with everyone in person, but then again, it's super-convenient to be typing/reading away while wearing who-knows what! This is a unique forum. Mostly I am going on with my life, but sometimes I just have to come here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freeflying...Shhh. Don't let on about my secret

I had to LOL about your "it's super-convenient to be typing/reading away while wearing who knows what." Thank goodness for that, is all I can say. Hee hee

That's the same appeal of playing online poker, etc.

Yes. I mainly come on here when I am work..haha I'm a part-time live-in caregiver, so I have lots of free time. Plus this i-net connection is waay faster than mine at home. This forum kinda sucks you in, doesn't it? I'm not sure if it's a good or bad drug, at times, but in the long run, I think it is therapeutic.

Plus, I just know there are some kick-ass people here who I feel a kindred spirit with, for one reason or another, so I am grateful all the more so for this site

A nne tipped the vase of apple blossoms near enough to bestow a soft kiss on a pink-cupped bud, and then studied diligently for some moments longer.

"Marilla," she demanded presently, "do you think that I shall ever have a bosom friend in Avonlea?'

"A--what kind of friend?"

"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true all at once that perhaps this one will too. Do you think it's possible?'

"Diana Barry lives at Orchard Slope and she's about your age."

-- Anne of Green Gables VIII

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes, thank you for sharing that sweet passage~

• talesin
    talesin

AK --- and it all came to be so, because next to Matthew, Marilla was the wisest soul on the island.

t

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Freeflying, Tales and Raisin...mmm you and another one or two are beginning to feel like kindred spirits to me. Seems like we all have a little of the Anne Shirley spirit running around in our

ME=JO POLNIACZEK+IDGIE+ANNE SHIRLEY..heehee

• JamesS
    JamesS

freeflyingfaerie,

I've not been on this site for a while but happened to get directed here whilst looking at some other things.

Your post was beautiful, and has literally made me feel less alone in this world today.

Love,

James

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

AK~ The ones that have touched me or I've felt close to are free-thinkers and artists, artists of all kinds. The mundane, obligatory in life mostly is a nuisance to me. It isn't arrogance, it's living. I spent plenty of time in servitude to the precepts of the religion and have since allowed myself to fully explore my wilder side. JW's are not the only ones who have angst in their lifestyle, but it is each individual's choice to remain in a prison or not. Even in my saddest moments, there is a sense of surrendering to the ebb and flow of my own rythms and a liberating feeling that anything can happen to me. Having said that, there is a profound joy in the simple pleasures in life. My little faeries remind me of this daily. Words are limited in their ability to express a feeling, but love is the closest to describing what drives me. Thank you for coming here~ peace, love, and best wishes~

Faerie

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

James S~

Thank you~Isn't it wonderful that this forum exists so we can hear from one another and relate and heal and not feel quite so very alone after leaving the religion~ Peace and love to you too,

Faerie

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

You are exquisite and your words move me, Faerie. Now stop it

• freeflyingfaerie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit