Brother Where Art Thou?

by Smoldering Wick 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

A quick introduction then on to my 2nd post *smiles*...

General greetings & well wishes.....I'm new to JWD, but not new to xJW/JW chat.

I'm 36 years old (and yes...i'm wearing a bonnet and a pink outfit in my pic) (that means i'm a chick for all you lusty men)I've spent the last 3.5 years online laughing, crying, generally healing from my Watchtower divorce. So now that i've let go of all the spit n venom...i sit here worried that my posts will lack the sarcasm and general wicked tone necessary to keep your interest...maybe I should invest in some semi-nude glamour shots? *sigh*

well...enough introduction and onto the introduced topic ;)

It's taken me almost 4 years to actually post on a discussion board. Not that I wasn't interested in the topics at hand or lacked the ability to figure out how to make a 50x50 pic for my profile. I was just having too much fun being amused by the cheap entertainment provided by xJW/JW online chat on AOL and Yahoo. That was until yesterday.

******drum roll*******

I found out that my oldest brother an elder of almost 40 years....who in my mind was second in JW spirituality only to Christ himself had acheived master status on this discussion board. :::faints:::

It was almost surreal...like peaking behind the OZ curtain and finding out that the Wizard was really Don Knots...(ok, sorry he was the first to pop in my mind..but, you know what i'm getting at right?)

I was shocked, excited and fearful....and so full of questions.

I would like to take this time to say something in private to my brother...so everyone else, skip this part, k?

My dear brother...what a talented writer you are! I am still dumbfounded at my discovery. I know it's been years since we have spoken to each other....but, please know that I will respect your anonymity. I am not sure of your status as a JW...as for me I walked away and have tried to lay low for the past 3.5 years. I am friendly and cordial with the brothers but, have no intention of returning to my former self. I have felt stuck in JW Limbo...JW Pergatory if you will, it's a place that I've learned to adjust to...for now. I hope that your transition was not as traumatic as mine and that you are now on to finding contentment outside the box. I also hope that you will not be offended by my candor on this board or that my presence won't somehow stifle your spontaneity.

Yours in thought,

Sis

Well, I did it. Is this what it feels like to come out of the closet?

I have so much more to say...but, even I don't read long drawn out posts....so, I promise not to put all my rants under one topic.

Things look a little more colorful...did someone turn on a light?

until my next burst,

wick

• JBean
    JBean

Welcome to the board, 'wick! Looking forward to hearing more about/from you! Without divulging too much info... can you tell us HOW you found out your elder brother is on this board? Did you use his computer and stumble across something? Or did some of his 'writings' and stories sound waaaaayyyy to familiar? I'm so curious! Do you think he'll reply to you, now that the "jig is up?" Jbean

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Thanks for the nice welcome JBean! Without giving too many of my dick secrets away let's just say I learned simple addition at a very young age.

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Congratulations on your first post!

Every man here who has a sister that they haven't heard from in yrs is hoping that they are your brother. Alas my sisters are much younger than you. It warms my heart though, thinking of the reunion that's in store for you.

TimB

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Wick baby!!

Welcome!!

You wanna know if posting your first post on an apostate site is like coming out of the closet...ask yourself these few questions:

Did you get a rush?
    Did you feel relieved yet nervous?
    Did you suddenly feel the desire to tell EVERYONE about it, but had to restrain yourself?
    Did you feel a weight lift off your shoulders?
    Do you feel more at ease with yourself now?
    Did you suddenly feel mature in a sense and not really care who knows?

Answer yes to most of these questions and YES that's what coming out of the closet feels like!!!

Lovely to have you on board... do not worry about the catching up with the sarcasm and wit, now that you are out of the closet, you will soon develop your own in no time!!!

Britty xxx

They wouldn't have made the cane if you weren't meant to break the rules!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Wick,

Well I loved your post and your participation in the Chat Room. Nice to see you being a friend to your own growth and making progress in leaving the Borganization.

I'm looking forward to chasing you around the Chat room (whoops, I mean having fine and serious discussions) and it is always nice to have someone else in the "family" hang around.

Cha Cha Cha

Skipper

• SYN
    SYN

SYN puts on his detective cap...

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

• JBean
    JBean

Go, SYN, Go! : )

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Wick,

Perhaps we were separated at birth, and I have amnesia?

But then, it looks like you're a summer, and I'm a winter.

Glad you came out of the closet.

Ginny

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

ROFL@Ginny...

My dad did travel to serve where the need was great...pehaps I have more family on this board than I realized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit