The last days.

by MrFreeze 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Yet, his Second Coming or Advent never happened."

Jesus was not speaking of his second coming.

He was not asked about his second coming.

He was asked about his presents, his first coming if you will.

That happened in 70AD.

Peace

• The Finger
    The Finger

Do you think maybe Jesus meant that "as long as these types of things are occurring, be on the watch"?

yes i do. we should always b on the watch. who knows when they will draw their last breath. i dont think you get a second chance.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I like a translation called "The Message," which is an effort to put the Koine Greek into the English equivalent:

4-8 Jesus said, "Watch out for doomsday deceivers. Many leaders are going to show up with forged identities, claiming, 'I am Christ, the Messiah.' They will deceive a lot of people. When reports come in of wars and rumored wars, keep your head and don't panic. This is routine history; this is no sign of the end. Nation will fight nation and ruler fight ruler, over and over. Famines and earthquakes will occur in various places. This is nothing compared to what is coming.

In other words, there is no "sign" of His coming.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have not read "The Message" Bible but the quote above seems to tally with my own reading of the scripture.

1) The chapters and verses were not in the original writings the narrative starts with Jesus saying that the temple would be cast down - they question him when they get the chance and ask, When? and of his second coming?

2) Jesus does not give a straight answer. Rather he leads them on , a bit, saying that it will be when wars are being fought, food is scarce, and earthquakes occur....in other words any time at all, just like then or now. In particular he gave no date or time but told them to keep in expectation, living a good life every day.

• d
    d

The last days refer to a change in society and it is not to be taken literally.The only end is the end of a person's life. Jeus was refering to his time period and other times in history.This 21st century of May 18 2011 is not anymore or less violent then the 1st century C.E. Earthquakes and wars and famine and diease will plague mankind now and forever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit