What convinced You?

by 1975 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

Yes, what convinced you to leave the JW's org? I've known about this group since 1949, things were much different back in those days, yes they were exciting times. Why did I eventually leave this group? For one, lack of love and two not obeying the scriptures such as Matt.24:34-36, " Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. Concerning that day and hour NOBODY KNOWS, neither the angels of the heavens nor the son, but only the father."

Galations 1:7-9, "...only there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. However, even if WE or an ANGEL out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something BEYOND what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something BEYOND what YOU accepted, let him be accursed."

Tell me, what could be more simple than that? When you read such texts how can you believe about dates about the end of the world? Mind you, both texts mention the angels, spirit creatures not even to pay attention to them!!!

What convinced you?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Many little things were the straws that broke the camel's back but I was struck by how much the GB are like the Pharisees of Jesus day.

Luke 16:10-15 = (NWT) 10 The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much. 11 Therefore, if YOU have not proved yourselves faithful in connection with the unrighteous riches, who will entrust YOU with what is true? 12 And if YOU have not proved yourselves faithful in connection with what is another’s, who will give YOU what is for yourselves? 13 No house servant can be a slave to two masters; for, either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stick to the one and despise the other. Y OU cannot be slaves to God and to riches.” 14 Now the Pharisees, who were money lovers, were listening to all these things, and they began to sneer at him. 15 Consequently he said to them: “Y OU are those who declare yourselves righteous before men, but God knows YOUR hearts; because what is lofty among men is a disgusting thing in God’s sight.

It just became evident that the FD$ are modern day Pharisees and everything from them evidently (watchtower word), revolves around them getting power and money!

If they can be lacking in the 'least' thing eg: Flip flops like the men of sodom, (which may not seem a big deal), then they can not be trusted with bigger things like doctrine.

• life is to short
    life is to short

I was a born in and 1975 happened when I was a kid, it was all I knew, so it did not inpact me like it should have.

It was child molesters that caused me to finally wake up. We had three in the hall I went to. One was really horrible and what woke me up was seeing what seemed to be him being groomed to become a servant. Though I was told that could never happen with his past, his records were being "lost" by the brothers and the new halls he went to ours included did not know he had a past and I being a stupid sister had no place telling the elders what I knew. No one would believe me when I told them he had raped children until I got his records from the police and courthouse myself, something any of the elders could have done it they had cared about children.

I was threated with being DF'ed if I did not shut up.

I finally woke up after years of pioneering, being at Bethel and an elder's wife for 23 years.

LITS

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

In a round about way it was the 1975 thing, though more " you can see its very near..."

In the mean time my life was awful, married to a rotten elders daughter.

Everybody said " wait on Jehovah", even the CO.

Well I just got fed up of waiting, and hearing the " its very close, just keep going".

Thinking about it, its a REALLY Christian idea:

Wait on Jehovah. He'll sort her out! A bit like having a hit man.

So I took matters into my own hand, and left them all.

Lifes been great since, even if I dont get to see my family.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What convinced me?

You can make the answer as simple or as complicated as you'd like to make it.

Simply put, however, as Don Cameron states in his book, Captives of a Concept, either WT is God's Organization or it is NOT.

What does the evidence suggest?

The answer is obvious. As Ray Franz said, Jesus would be ashamed to have been associated with the the WT bunch in 1919.

WT is just another high-control group, screaming about 'the truth'.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I had two issues that are the same today as then ...1] The message has been taught since the 1870's and nothing has happened. Absolute zero in their forecasting. I would not mind but they claim to have insight and Spirit direction...How can one continue to have faith in an end time apocalyptic message that spans three centuries ?

Also 2] the doctrine of Armageddon and the mass slaughter of the unbelievers is just morally wrong..The Christian God is not a killer, he would never do that. I had got to know some new workmates, only in the office but I could see that they were ordinary decent family people . To preach that they should be slaughtered because they did not accept the WBTS was just not right, even if they did worship in a church, or a temple or a mosque....

Later on through the net I learned so much about the Society and its past and the U N involvement ....Thank goodness for the net and sites like Freeminds and this board !

Enjoyed all your comments, many thanks.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Russell's Thy Kingdom Come book was an eye opener and from reading that I knew wts was a fraud. I came to realize that they didn't point to 1914 as what they claim today and everything taught today is made up garbage to not only cover up their past but to extent their existence.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

To start with like so many others was the lack of love

Then the elders view of themselves. They think they can judge another persons heart

Then reading Crisis of conscience

• manthedan
    manthedan

What first got me having some major questions was when the Elder's came to my house warning my family of looming death. After that eye opener, advice and reading from this website has helped extremely well. But I'd say when I personally sat down and decided to look over the Proclaimers Book, and some of the first things that popped out to me, that is what really convinced me it was nothing but a sham!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit