Watchtower Doctrine: Makes perfect sense, as long as you don't think about it.

by Resistance is Futile 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

My background, I've never been a JW. I've got extended family in the religion. Most were born-in. I'm in the middle of a Bible Watchtower Publication study with one of them who thinks I'm interested in joining the religion.

The "Bible Teach?" book says that Jesus returned to heaven a few weeks after he was resurrected in 33 C.E. Answer me this question, and I'm curious how you would have answered this question back when you were a "true believer" in JW doctrine. How the hell did Jesus return to heaven in 1914 if he was already there to began with?

Bonus question. Is anyone here familiar with Seventh-day Adventist doctrine considering what happened in "heaven" in 1844?

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

RIF wrote:

How the hell did Jesus return to Heaven in 1914 if he was already there to began with?

Where did you get the idea that Jesus returned to heaven in 1914?

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

If I'm confusing Watchtower doctrine please correct me. Most JW's have a hard time understanding and explaining all their doctrine, so go easy on me.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

The teaching isn't that he returned to heaven, but that he was enthroned in 1914.

However, I see where you are coming from saying that he returned in 1914.

According to the teaching, he returned invisibly to earth to 1) inspect the earth for faithful servants, 2) throw out Satan, and in doing this, 3.) causing the signs of his presence(earthquakes, pestilence, wars, etc.), which is according to the fulfilling of Matthew 24.

It's such a diabolically genius teaching, because the Witnesses can claim that Jesus choose them over others, and they(JW's) don't have to prove a thing, because Jesus came invisibly! It also enforces the "last days" concept, so go to Jehovah(indoctrinate yourself in the JW religion), for ARMAGGEDON gonna bite you in the ass!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

In the Bible Teach book, check pages 84-85, paragraphs 22-23 of ch 8 to see part of their 1914 teaching. In particular, note the following sentence from paragraph 23:

The fulfillment of Bible prophecy shows that in 1914, Christ became King and God's heavenly Kingdom began to rule.

They say he was already in heaven since his ascension back in 33 CE, but he was waiting all this time to become "King" of "God's Kingdom" whatever any of that is supposed to mean.

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Oh boy. So according to the Watchtower, Jesus was apparently just "hanging out" in heaven from 33 C.E. till 1914. I guess he needed a vacation anyway, it's got to be tough living up to the expectations of being perfect.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

@ Resistance is Futile, what's worse is trying to explain what exactly he has done since he began his rule. He supposedly kicked out Satan, and actually made things WORSE for the Earth..... yet we are to rejoice! For he is king!

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

My guess is that if you asked the two questions raised here: (1) what was Jesus doing from 33 CE to 1914? and (2) What has he been doing since 1914?

to your study conductor, he/she would probably say to (1) that we can't say for sure what Jesus was doing all that time, and (2) since 1914 Jesus has been "directing" the preaching activity of Jehovah's Witnesses TM . I asked my study conductor how Jesus "directs" the preaching work, like do the Governing Body members hear an audible voice? He said the Governing Body members read the Bible, and Jesus "directs" their understanding of it & their decision-making through something called "holy spirit" which is, like Jesus return and inspection in 1914, invisible.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Oh boy. So according to the Watchtower, Jesus was apparently just "hanging out" in heaven from 33 C.E. till 1914. I guess he needed a vacation anyway, it's got to be tough living up to the expectations of being perfect.

Dude, 1000 years is but a day to Jehovah. Jesus just hung out a couple of days. Satan was probably running around scared the whole time too, because he knows the bible and knew what John had envisioned/penned about him.

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

What blows my mind is: Does Satan live by OUR lengths of days, or does he go by Gods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit