Was there a WT recently that instructs to shun inactive Witnesses?

by slimboyfat 15 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

thanks SBF!

t

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

http://www.jw.org/

You can find the online version here.

• talesin
    talesin

Just read the article .... WOW. Splains a lot that's going on with my family-not-a-family situation right now.

And to respond to the thread question, I would say this article is pretty clear "If you are not FOR us, you are AGAINST us."

So my answer is yes.

On a lighter note, I had to chuckle at this Scripture reference: John 6:66-69 (they got 666 and 69 in one shot, Satan's lovin' it!)

and this was hysterical

"It is not our right to tell others
    how to run their personal affairs."

Okay, then.

sorry for the levity, cause if I don't laugh, I'ma gonna cry! :D

tks again,

t

• talesin
    talesin

I found this particularly striking .... the conclusion to 2 paras. speaking about apostates (bold, of course, is mine)

My guess is they are talking about gossip such as UN memebership, Pedophile Protection, etc.

We also love Jehovah’s organization, through which
    we have been taught thrilling truths—including
    Jehovah’s name and its meaning,
    God’s purpose for the earth, the condition
    of the dead, and the hope of the resurrection.
    Can you recall how you felt when
    you first learned these and other precious
    truths? Why, then, allow yourself to be
    soured by anyone who would denigrate the
    organization
    through which you learned
    these truths?

t

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The WTBTS should follow its own advice. Pg 18 par 15 says in part ......'It is not our right to tell others how to run their personal affairs.'

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They classify those who miss too many boasting sessions or that do little or no field circus "bad associations". If you are doing something like 1 hour a month and are missing more boasting sessions than you are making, they don't want others to copy that example--hence they are going to gossip against you and push you to the outside. And, the same self-righteous pigs that go around bashing every song as "bad", condemn people for holding investment silver and/or gold, and are "stumbled" when they see couples holding hands during prayers are going to shun those who are low-or no activity "publishers". And that would include those who are "inactive".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit