Christian Beliefs Concerning Post Death Existence

by Band on the Run 15 Replies latest forum announcements

• AGuest
    AGuest

Wait... are you being pointedly sarcastic, dear BOTR (peace to you!) - ? I mean, I went back and looked and your response makes no sense... unless you're responding to me, and sarcastically so. Which is odd... given your comments in another thread, both as to trying to start a serious discussion (which I assumed here and so responded... seriously... to), and maybe having jumped to a wrong conclusion as a result of misunderstanding what was posted. What, then, is the story here?

Of course, if I'm wrong and you're NOT being sarcastic... indeed, not even addressing me... then my sincere apologies. Truly.

Can you (or maybe someone else) clarify, please? Because your response is... well... quite curious.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who merely attempted to answer, soberly and seriously, the question you posed... assumingly soberly and seriously...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You are shameless, LOL. This is comical. Too bad we can't share a beer.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

For the most part, when it leaves the body/soul, the lion's share of it returns to the Source

Sounds like whoever was whispering in your ear recently watched the Matrix. Or the finale of Lost.

Anyway, the "Jews" (in quotes because there were dozens of sects) beleived all kinds of different things, just as Christians did the first 300 or so years of their existence. It was a mishmash until largers groups absorbed smaller ones, documents were altered and distributed to support one view over another and finally, an emperor turned Christian and his version got state backing.

What did they beleive? Whatever they could until they were killed for it.

The spirit, on the other hand, is the "being" or life force INSIDE the vessel. It is what BREATHES... so that the body/vessel takes in and expels air (breathes, literally). That's why it's often referred to as "wind" (pneuma, ruach, etc.).

So...the spirit resides in the diaphram muscle and causes it to contract, causing the lungs to expand and take in air? BTW, "spirit" ALSO means "breathe" in Latin. And the Greek word for soul ALSO means to blow, to breathe.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Chin-chin!

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Shelby- my parents were cremated-their bodies were destroyed by fire :(

we have their cremains (ashes).

what happened to them?

Thank you!

ff

• AGuest
    AGuest

All things are possible with the Most Holy One of Israel, dear FF (the greatest of love and peace to you!).

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit