Cropping the Side of My Post

by BluesBrother 6 Replies latest forum tech-support

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Yesterday I posted a topic :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/209140001/watchtower-june-15-2015-misleading-reference-past-statement

The right side of the post was chopped off, in my computer anyway , using Google Chrome. Most other following posts to the topic did not say they had a problem with it, but Data - Dog did..

Can anyone tell me why this was? Is it a setting on my computer or a problem with the site ? Will it happen with this one, I wonder?

• Simon
    Simon

I fixed it.

It was because of the very long URL that had no breakable (word-wrappable) characters in it. I need to push out an update to fix it.

Instead of having the URL as the text, it's better to make some normal text the link.

i.e.

Watchtower June 15 2015, Misleading Reference to Past Statement

is better than:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/209140001/watchtower-june-15-2015-misleading-reference-past-statement

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Thank you Simon...I will remember that.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    My Firefox got the post just fine. FYI
  • cliff
    cliff

In general, Ctrl-(mouse)_scroll_wheel controls the size of the text and therefore frame in a Windows webpage.

I find this helps reduce the text size so that the frames can fit in the screen without cropping or worse.

• Simon
    Simon
    Whether it affected you would depend on how wide your browser window is, what size your font settings are and lots of other factors. It's not always obvious to all - if you shrink your browser sideways and the text stops wrapping at some point then you can see the effect.
  • talesin
    talesin

I get the concept = easy.

But as an artist who can use my pc as a tool, but does not have the knowledge of a PC junkie, or expert,

How do I change that url to my chosen text? How do I save it on here........ etc.

Don't forget -- this is your field. Especially when dealing with folks who may have been computer illiterate before joining this forum, it MAY be helpful to spell things like this out.........

Step ... by PAINFUL .... STEP.

Please, and thank you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit