Why would local congregations keep your name on file in TMS if you haven't attended in yrs?

by stormy222 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stormy222
    stormy222

I am a new member to this forum, but I have visited for years. I am curious to know why my name would remain as an active member, even though I haven't attended services for the past (I guess) 4 years or longer. I am still in contact with a few members off and on, but I am really focusing on pursuing interest that I've put off for a long time (attending college). I was recently informed that I have a part as a householder.

Why would my name remain listed if I am inactive? When I get a moment I will post my experience and tell why I faded.

Stormy222

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

You should not get a part as a householder especially when you are inactive.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have been gone 15 yrs. Asked an elder once if they had records on my wife and I and they said, no. So I think it depends on your congregation and the person tracking the records.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Records also seem to get "lost" or "misplaced" a lot, usually if the elder in charge of maintaining them runs into trouble of his own.

In any case, there's no way you'd be assigned a part if you're an inactive member. My guess is that they're doing it just to lure you back in. Ignore them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It used to be that Publishers Record Cards were only to be kept on file for 8 years. Thus, once there were no longer PRCs on file, you were truly "man of the nations" vs. inactive JW. I've recently been told that they keep them indefinitely. Anyone confirm?

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

I'm curious too because this past weekend I was told by an active family member that my name was read off as bad association back in the late 80's. I don't recall this nor do my friends that are now fading or have left. How do I find out? The reason being is that it sure would clear up a lot of stuff in relation to some family problems.

Grewupjw

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

YES. My father is an elder. I go through his elder books and files at times just to check out whats there. There are MASSIVE books. Each contains various files and folders. Many are from the 90's and contain files on publishers who have been disfellowshipped, inactive and any letters sent to and from congregations related to such publisher(standing in the congregation, etc.) So yes you are always on file :0

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Big Welcome to another new one!!

I'd love to see the big "bad FS" they have on me!

• satinka
    satinka

The elders appointed by gawd lost track of your status, stormy!

satinka

• blondie
    blondie

So I take it you no longer turn in a time slip? If so, then you are not active. But they do retain the publisher cards of inactive and da'd/df'd jws whose publisher cards still reside with that congregation. Supposedly they use that information to make their once a year shepherding calls on inactive jws and some da'd/df'd jws they can still locate.

If they counting you as an active jw, someone in the congregation is turning in time slips for you and the secretary is sending the info to headquarters. But I have never seen that done and could get the BOE into trouble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit