Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-15-2011 WT Study (NEAR)

by blondie 27 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Punk's very simple summary of the watchtower =

Cut back on everything in your life that has any real meaning and do more for the WTB$ or God will kill you SOON.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Did you all notice para. 5.

Statements condemning certain practices simply APPEARED in "this magazine". Viewpoints on the elders duties and conclusions were "reached" and expressed.

Rather than come out and say "Hello, WE were the fools who decided to print this garbage, and is our fault if your lives were damaged." The Faithful Slave always distances itself from its mistakes, and then you get blamed for trusting them.

Blondie - you are a total stalwart. I can only skim these articles now - I have a phobia for toxic waste.

HB

• blondie
  • therevealer
    therevealer

Paragraph 3 and the info used from Rotherham's is another example that shows they are not simply producing mags and articles using poor quality writers, but that they purposefully use stuff that is dishonest and misleading. And remember the "fact LOL" that some gb member proofreads and okay's all this drivel.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'd like to comment on paragraph 3, God's Name. Honoring a name is not given by usage, but by according respect. From Judaism 101:

In Jewish thought, a name is not merely an arbitrary designation, a random combination of sounds. The name conveys the nature and essence of the thing named. It represents the history and reputation of the being named.

This is not as strange or unfamiliar a concept as it may seem at first glance. In English, we often refer to a person's reputation as his "good name." When a company is sold, one thing that may be sold is the company's "good will," that is, the right to use the company's name. The Hebrew concept of a name is very similar to these ideas.

An example of this usage occurs in Ex. 3:13-22: Moses asks God what His "name" is. Moses is not asking "what should I call you;" rather, he is asking "who are you; what are you like; what have you done." That is clear from God's response. God replies that He is eternal, that He is the God of our ancestors, that He has seen our affliction and will redeem us from bondage.

Another example of this usage is the concepts of chillul Ha-Shem and kiddush Ha-Shem. An act that causes God or Judaism to come into disrespect or a commandment to be disobeyed is often referred to as "chillul Ha-Shem," profanation of The Name. Clearly, we are not talking about a harm done to a word; we are talking about harm to a reputation. Likewise, any deed that increases the respect accorded to God or Judaism is referred to as "kiddush Ha-Shem," sanctification of The Name.

In usage, the Jehovah's Witnesses have cheapened the name of Jehovah. Modern society casually refer to the "Hovahs", who come knocking at the doors, two by two.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I gave my (JW) hubby a belly laugh when I gave a summary of this article, "Cut your work hours to three or four days a week and move in to an apartment."

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

“My
    Heart was telling me that I could do more for
    Jehovah,” says Richard. “

I thought that the Watchtower said the heart was treacherous and wicked and no one could trust it.

• pirata

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit