Why the Bible anyway?

by willy_think 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

I think most missed this part the WHY!
    The bible is a book of history, current events, and the destiny of the human race. If you really want to go to the stars (heavens) then you need to understand that the message of how is wrote in languages that are at least 2000years old and had very little tech understanding as we do today. Try to understand it from a very modern and possibly futuristic point of view.

Get a clue,,,, grins.
    In other words, go back in time a try to describe a space shuttle launch to the people of Jesus's day! Or that we live in the heavens!
    Norval

• rem
    rem

Elijah,

So if you wouldn't trust these ancient, tribal men in their scientific knowledge then why would you trust these primitive men in their spiritual knowledge?

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Trust? What has that got to do with what I can understand or their lack of science knowledge? As for your usage of a "religionists mystical word" (spiritual), what the hell does that mean to you? *chuckles*

And yer still missing the point. If you look back from what the end outcome is supposed to be for mankind, you may see what is really here now.

• rem
    rem

Elijah,

I guess I am missing the point because I can't seem to understand what you are saying. Is there a way you can clearly explain what you mean? Apparently we are talking past each other because I thought I made myself quite clear, but you don't seem to have understood my point either.

I certainly wouldn't trust medical advice written by ancient, superstitious men. Why then would I trust the spiritual advice of these primitive tribal people? And then the question is WHICH primitive tribal people should I trust? The ancient Jews? The Babylonians? The Egyptians? Perhaps the ancient spiritual wisdom of the Far East? Are they all right?

rem

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

REM , ROFLMAO

With in your last post is the point I was trying to make, and you have failed to understand.

CAREFULY read what I have typed, now read your responses REM, your twists of what I said prevent you from seeing what you "QUOTE".

chuckles,

Norval

• rem
    rem

Elijah,

Your point is as clear as mud to me. Maybe I'm just a big dummy but I'm not understanding you at all. Perhaps you could be so kind as to spell it out for this dunce?

Laugh all you want. That doesn't change the fact that you are not an effective communicator.

rem

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

REM;
    No.

Norval

• rem
    rem

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Rem - nice job....

Funny how they keep quoting the book we are questioning...

Hint to REM's fellow debaters: try proving the Bible is real without quoting from it. Since we don't believe it anyway then why try and use that as an authority...

It's a favorite dub/human tactic - if they can find the argum,ent printed somewhere they automatically think it has authority nd credibility. We use that trick in the commercial world all the time. Knowing that people believe something has authority if it is in print...so we get our stuff printed and then they believe us.

something about the nature of sheep makes them easy to fleece...

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

REM
    You answer, and I will.

Trust? What has that got to do with what I can understand or their lack of science knowledge? As for your usage of a "religionists mystical word" (spiritual), what the hell does that mean to you? *chuckles*

Norval

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit