Rudolf Steiner Spiritual Research:

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah I think that was Krishnamurti, you can get his all over the net. Murti and Bohm(famous scientist) have a book out,, never did get much out of it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I guess, everything can help you go in the direction that you want to go.

I tried for yrs to get at the the underlying cause of my depression. I used many things. One day, while i was working it came up, a horrible pain, probably primordial. I let it rise. I might have offed myself, when it came on, full force. No guns, nearby, though. Needed some booze to get through. Lesson, not everything a person releases is going to make him feel good. Overall, though, i think i have felt a bit better, since then, though.

Western gurus or shmans don't need to go celibate, imo. If your lady friend wants to go spiritual, she can help you. Check out the yabyum position. It has been recommended to do it VERY slowly while locking eye contact. If you can do it w your friend, it will likely make a strong connection between youse. Is that something that you want?

I have been thinking about what you said about jung, that he said that westerners need to use a different approach to the spiritual than easterners. This might be very true. I'm going to check it out, and i thank you for bringing up this point.

From what i understand of their religion, hindus don't consider all those gods and goddesses as REAL gods, in the ultimate sense. Brahmin is the REAL god. ALL is brahmin. It sounds like pantheism. Also, my impression is that hinuism is an open religion. They say that ALL roads lead to god. I say, many roads just take longer.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

She believes the God's are real and the the stories about them are likewise true. Those advanced in meditation and enlightened Yogi's know everything is imagined,,as they have probed deep enough into the psyche to realize that every thing is Maya an illusion of the mind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are the yogis atheist? What about the enlightened ones? In what 'god' do they believe?

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

According to Jung yogi's,and zen masters are making the center of the personality move beyond ego consciousness and include a sizable portion of the unconscious too and forming the "Self" which is a new center for the personality that is a lot vaster than just ego consciouness. This is when the God Archetype takes over full control and trumps all the other archetypes and the ego just willing goes along for the ride more like a spectator.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

BTW the Tibetan book of the dead clearly identifies all gods as products of the mind and imaginary,,I would think that a real enlightened guru would not believe in any gods except Brahman and Atman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman

The thing that is different from the east and west is that the east looks for god inside himself and the west looks for god outside oneself. Introvert and extrovert.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Introvert and extrovert.'

Yes. Asia - yin, europe/north america - yang. We always find practical use for stuff. Robert monroe's writings are about out of body, extro. Some of my most life affecting meditations were oob. Maybe, the strictly internal way is the wrong approach for us. Or, i should not say wrong, but not the best.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit