To All the Kind Ones On JWN

by snowbird 53 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I wish you had someone to talk to in person there. I don't get the impression you have very much inner peace, so that is my hope for you. Peace, in Christ, to you.

Also, do something physical. I think that might help. Punching bag. Boxing. Running. Working out. Swimming. Then you're getting some frustration out, AND you're doing your body good. Next time you post your pic, you really WILL be Taye Diggs ;)

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

I wish the same for him, Tammy.

He's a darling.

The JW lifestyle is filled with unrealistic expectations that are bound to lead to frustration.

Syl

• talesin
    talesin

I save old electronics when they die (vcrs, dvd plyrs, phones), then when I feel like punching something, I get out the hammer, take the aforesaid gadget out onto the deck, and smash it to smithereens!

t

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's a good idea!

I used to make bread; the kneading and punching made me feel lots better.

I imagined I was punching my stupid ex.

Now, when stuff bothers me, I mop - inside and outside.

Syl

• tec
    tec

I used to go for a walk. Fast walk (often telling the person who I was mad at off, inside my head). I would cool off after about an hour. When I had kids and couldn't just leave them to go for a walk, I would furiously clean the house. I used to wonder sometimes if my husband figured that out about me, and purposely pissed me off when he wanted the house clean.

But even if you don't know exactly what is bothering you, then the physical exertion will help clear your head. Solitary physical exertion lets you think inward - such as walking, running, swimming, punching bag, etc.

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious

George, I like to walk in a nearby park trail when I feel similar to the way you are feeling today. It's such a long trail that at some point I just have to turn around because, in most of my walks, it will save time to 180 instead of continue along the full circuit. If you're anything like me some extended time to yourself in nature can cure rage like nothin' else.

-Sab

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hey Syl! (((((((((Sylvia)))))))))))

Bama gonna be any good this year?

Better watch out for my Sooners! We got almost everyone back.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Bama gonna be any good this year?
    Better watch out for my Sooners! We got almost everyone back.

I honestly don't know, Sooner.

Looks like there's going to be a two-quarterback system - Sims and McCarron.

BOOMER SOONERS!!!

Syl

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thank you Syl!

• snowbird
    snowbird

You're welcome, FactFinder.

Sometimes, amid the infighting and mudslinging, we seem to forget just how much we mean to each other.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit