Cult of Personality

by iamwhoiam 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

It's funny how when you are able to take a step back an look at the big picture...you start to notice things that are just a bit wierd.

For instance...at the meeting the other night, we all sang song number 58 (notice the first verse). Then look at the songs in the rest of the songbook...and you will see that verses of this nature are in pretty much every other song. Keep singing these over and over at the KH and you begin to memorize them and eventually find yourself singing or humming them later without realizing it. Music is a powerful thing, especially when the words cause you to loose your own identity and to give your mind up to the borg.

iamwhoiam

• prophecor
    prophecor

Haven't seen the inside of a KH in 20 years. Can you show me the song? Is it from the new song Book?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Do you mean this one? Haven't got a clue of the tune though.

Song 58

My Prayer of Dedication

(Matthew 22:37)

1. Take my heart and may it love

Truth and wisdom from above.

Take my mind, that I may serve

Fully, Lord, without reserve.

2. Take my feet and take my hands;

Let them serve your wise commands.

Take my voice and let it sing

Praises always to my King.

3. Take my life and bring it, Lord,

With your will, in full accord.

Take myself, may all I do

Be well-pleasing, Lord, to you.

(See also Ps. 40:8; John 8:29; 2 Cor. 10:5.)

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

Yep..thats the one.

"Take my mind, that I may serve Fully, Lord, without reserve"

This all sounds like some big consipiracy theory I know, in fact, it is just a theory. but when you have people, music, talks, etc that tell you how to think, to not question anything and accept...it can cause loss of identity. again, it's just a theory. it's kinda like playing those connect the dots games when you were a kid, and then realizing that it actually forms a picture.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Take my mind?

That is SO ironic.

It remids me of this "Minds must be cleansed" (Watchtower, June 1, 1953, p. 350 par. 24).

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

HERE'S THE YOUTUBE VIDEO! I think it is official, it must be, it amazingly has a full choir and orchestra for a change. Of course you never see the musicians. Pretty song, but it IS kind of "creepy" once you're thinking this is a "mind control" song!!! So view at YOUR OWN RISK!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zr7WAGtgQg

LS

BTW, notice on the very last verse there is a rather strange typo. Instead of saying "be well PLEASING, Lord to you" it says, "be well LEASING, Lord to you." So we are supposed to lease ourselves out to God? But, of course, the song is okay and it would be great if the average person so happy to get baptized were really more excited about a new relationship with Jehovah instead of giving in to the pressure to get baptized to be part of an organization. The WTS asserts once they sever that tie to the organization, they sever the tie to Jehovah, but that's not the case. Christ sent out TEN SLAVES to gather in the sheep. The WTS is simply the least one, the "evil slave" in the end. More than just a few sincere JWs who likely have left the borg by now are invited to heaven. It's an individual basis and certainly not limited to the logistics of joining one mind-controlling organization like the WTS.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

WOW! take my mind, take my life!!! I need to go throw up now

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Well, well! I knew I'd come across something like this before. 'Nothing new under the sun,' huh?

Check out this song (#51) from the old red 1948 Kingdom Service Songbook titled 'Consecration':

1. Take my life and may it be,

Lord, acceptable to thee;

Take my hands and let them move,

At the impulse of thy love.

2. Take my feet and let them be,

Swift on errands, Lord, for thee;

Take my voice and let it bring,

Honor always to my king.

3. Take my lips and let them be,

Moved with messages from thee;

Take my silver and my gold,

Nothing, Lord, would I withhold.

4. Take my moments and my days,

Let them flow in constant praise;

Take my intellect and use,

Ev'ry pow'r as thou shalt choose.

5. Take my heart and may it love,

Truth and wisdom from above;

Take myself - I wish to be,

Ever, only, all for thee.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I apologise ahead of time, but in all honesty, that song was wonderful. I'm not a KOOL-AID drinker by any means, not in support of the bOrg and the way they what they do, but that moved my heart. Sorry to say, folx, but as things are in this world, we truly need our brains washed from much of the ways in times in which this world operates.

You may throw your rotten tomatoes now

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I actually like it.... but maybe its either 1) cuz I am brainwashed and still have that programmed in me... or 2) I like walt disney songs :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit