Special Blue Envelopes

by Marvin Shilmer 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Special Blue Envelopes

Watchtower has elders communicate judicial matters in writing to its headquarters (or designated branch office). Elders are instructed to send this written communication in what Watchtower terms “special blue envelopes”.

Readers of my blog have asked what these envelopes look like. Today I uploaded a new article to my blog showing these. The article is titled Special Blue Envelopes and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/05/special-blue-envelopes.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• teel
    teel

Thanks Marvin. Are those lines in bottom right a barcode of sorts? Did anyone try to forge a DF letter to the HQ? We have all the necessary forms/details. Sounds fun...

• Ding
    Ding

With all the paranoia about apostates, the WTS must be getting these blue envelopes by the ton...

• Desert Rat
    Desert Rat

Teel-- The lines on the bottom right are the postal code for that address, usually printed on the mail peice during sorting/machining. They help keep the letter on the right track to where it is headed. Most business's have their envelopes preprinted with 'their' postal code.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Blue and yellow envelopes.

Presumably only a select few are "qualified" to open them. How "special" and "privileged" they must feel over their lowly contemporaries who are only qualified to open boring old white and brown ones.

• Glander
    Glander

uh-oh. I have a blue envelope next to my member name above!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Ding writes:

"... the WTS must be getting these blue envelopes by the ton..."

During the last fifteen years Watchtower has, according to all accounts, received record numbers of S-77 documents detailing disassociation or disfellowshipping over doctrinal and/or policy matters.

Marvin Shilmer

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think teel's prank suggestion is hilarious. I can see DFing your most-despised elder, your JW ex-spouse, your entire JW family that shuns you. All it takes is filling out the forms and sending them in, right? OMG that would be fun!

• moshe
    moshe

I wonder what would happen if some rogue elder (on the way out the door) took some S-77 DF forms - filled them out (his get even list) and mailed them in (using the blue envelopes)-

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Did anyone try to forge a DF letter to the HQ? We have all the necessary forms/details. Sounds fun...

Wouldn't that be a riot!!!!

DF your CO................or all of the committee that DFd you!

Even better........

............Mad Sweeny says: DF your JW ex-spouse,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit