Elders refuse to give evidence of a molester and the molester gets away with it!

by punkofnice 29 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This is the first part where the eldubs refuse to do the honourable thing

http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?cat=1&newsID=109303

...and here is the even sadder conclusion.......

http://www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?cat=1&newsID=109359

Whereas I try not to judge others, in this instance I think the elders here along with the GB should go to the chair for crimes against humanity!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Disgusting! There should be a review of the law!!! They should be forced to give evidence! The law and the GB protect the abusers. Makes me sick.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I bet the ordinary R & F are completely unaware of the monsters in their midst and I am not just talking about the child molesters but those who protect them too.

Whatever happened to keeping the congregation clean? They are the ones having no natural affection.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It is highly unlikely that the court abides by the "two witness" rule. If they put all the evidence out, he should have been convicted. Just the word of the alleged victim should have been enough. The jury is not going to want to see any physical evidence because there likely would be none. It is highly unusual for a victim NOT to be believed. I'm sure there is more to this than those fools not testifying though they should have done so. These cases are seldom simple. I hope that he is in fact innocent.

• blondie
    blondie

The thing is that this law is used by many religions not to give evidence. While they don't "agree" with jw religious beliefs, they band together to protect their turf.

The laws vary in the US from state to state. But an orgaization known as SNAP www.snapnetwork.org has been working on changing the laws in the states that still let religions hide behind the clergy penitent law.

• sizemik
    sizemik

The refusal to support the justice system in prosecuting this sick bastard is WORSE than the abuse . . . at least justice could help with the healing . . . poor kid. Now she's facing a new nightmare.

And what's this bullshit . . . .

The ministers said it is the religious belief and practice of Jehovah's Witnesses, based upon Scripture and tradition, that elders must maintain in strict confidence any church communications connected with spiritual counseling and that congregants expect their communications to elders will remain confidential.

I had Elders from other congregations regularly spouting details freely of their so-called confidential communications . . . like their doing it for "the sake of the congregation" . . . lying pricks!

This just makes my blood boil.

• wobble
    wobble

Here in the U.K there is no priest penitant confidentiality enshrined in Law. So here it comes down to what is the moral duty of the Elder/s when something unlawful comes to their attention.

I had to point this out to our P.O at the time over a case of child abuse , he was(is) a "society" man and leaned more on what the WT says, which of course is U.S biased.

He went away and checked up, and came back to me to tell me I was correct, but that confidentiality was still of the utmost importance to the congregation .

The perpetrator is still free to re-offend. He has moved congregations, another can of worms, is he properly monitored there, and in F.S ? I doubt it.

The moral duty that is upon Elders and all adults to protect and care for the young and for the vulnerable, is always it seems to me, put a long way below "not bringing reproach on Jehovah's name" by these terrible crimes becoming public knowledge.

Disgusting.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So now they are part of the clergy class. How convenient for them.

• Mary
    Mary
    This developed as the prosecution decided yesterday not to call to the witness stand three ministers or elders of the Tinian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses in the trial of Geoffrey K. Cabrera

Why in gods name would the prosecution decided "not to call to the witness stand", these three assholes elders?! This crap about religious "confidentiality" should not apply when a crime has been committed.

Utterly disgusting. If that was my kid who was molested by a fellow Witness, I assure you that about six months down the road that person would go missing and never be found.

Another case of the Borg indeed being a 'pedophile's paradise'.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I would like to know the judge's reasoning for respecting the wishes of the Borg drones instead of pursuing actual justice and truth in this case.

Did the elders themselves have their own representation? Was their attorney Borg-provided? Did the WTS tell them they should try to avoid testifying and fight the subpoena? Or did they just get the idea from the Lit and Elders school?

These two articles barely scratch the surface of the corruption going on here. And if that poor girl's family doesn't leave the Borg over this, what's it going to take to break free from this friggin cult?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit