Facebook-Jehovah's Witnesses

by Lunatic Faith 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

So, I have been mysteriously added to a facebook page for JW's. I didn't join and it is supposedly a closed group. I went to their page and found a dozen others who were wondering how they became a part of a group they never joined. Strangely enough, they are all witnesses, so it makes me wonder if other members can recommend people. At any rate, I was going to post that I was an evil apostate just to see how fast I would get dropped, but PYRAMID won't let me.

Has this happened to you? One comment on there responded to someones post as to how they got in the group with "Just look at what they say, you know a witness when you see one. Jehovah's spirit surrounds their speech." *snort* I posted the day before yesterday, after a particularly bad day, "FUCK THIS LIFE". Is that the speech Jehovah's spirit is surrounding?

LOL! I just went back to copy that above comment and noticed someone had posted a comment as to whether they should go to university. Somebody on there had already said they shouldn't. So I posted a comment that if they got an education they would never regret it. Maybe I shouldn't get kicked off this page. I can do some serious damage as a wolf in sheeps clothing.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I am on a Christian forum that welcomes atheists, JWs, Mormons, Muslims, agnostics, pagans, etc. We do not compromise our beliefs, but we affirm freedom of speech. I was surprised to see a JW forum that requires proof that one is a JW (need referral, etc.). I imagine they don't want to get spammed, but it also seems so closed and controlling to me. The WT has said that we have nothing to fear from examining our beliefs and being willing to change, but they obviously have a double standard and expect Catholics to do what they are not willing to allow their members to do (cult vs Christian difference).

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I'm not sure if that's the same page that I was on and it took them over 24hrs to kick me off while I was able to post much info about 607, Russell's pyramid, beth sarim, child abuse and so forth. This one pioneer was freaking out that the mod wasn't kicking me off!!!! lol I was asking for them to show my anything half truth or twisted while they couldn't they were throwing typical braindead scriptures at me as if that would stop me from posting more facts about the cult. LOL Most fun I had with dubs in a long long time :)

Stick around and reply to some posts so maybe even one dub will wake up and learn to have a normal life. There is nothing as wierd as reading witness forums.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Dillon Rustam AndersonMy mum doesn't want me to go uni, because I'm a jw. Why is that? Btw I'm still going

• Paul Tydings and you call yourself a jw im not by the way but was one time and that attitude wont encoratage anyone .. remember to honour your parents remember.. 54 minutes ago ·
      • Charis Branson Get an education, you will never regret it. 52 minutes ago ·
      • Paul Tydings ok after rereading what i said i take it back education is great but just dont knock your parents online im sure she has you best interests at heart, so best to chat to her rather than strangers who might steer you wrong remember 1 cor 15:33 ..bad association spoil useful habits.. 49 minutes ago ·
      • Steven Hutsell For men who want to provide for their family or future family, then some training is important. Jesus and the apostles had professions that required training. The issue with higher education is that it can derail young people from serving Jehovah. The fact is, you're going to work for the rest of your life... Those 2-4+ years are a drop in the bucket in comparison. I went a bit extreme with two bachelors, a masters, and a Phd, but I always kept faithful. However, school had me so busy that it most definitely kept me from putting forth my best to Jehovah. And to this day, 10 years later, I feel that impacted me, spiritually. 29 minutes ago ·
      • Dorito Matusz why are there people who arent actually witnesses on here..? 9 minutes ago · Like
    </form>

Tee hee, somebody actually named their kid Dorito.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    but it also seems so closed and controlling to me. The WT has said that we have nothing to fear from examining our beliefs and being willing to change, but they obviously have a double standard and expect Catholics to do what they are not willing to allow their members to do (cult vs Christian difference).

You're dead right. It's interesting to see the religion from a different perspective so I appreciate your thoughts.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I went a bit extreme with two bachelors, a masters, and a Phd, but I always kept faithful.

Undercover or is this guy full of shit? Bachelors in cleaning windows from Watchtower University maybe. LOL

• JeffT
    JeffT

I'm on facebook, Jeff Thomas in Bothell, WA

Maybe you could invite me in, before you get kicked out.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

I tried to find you Jeff but there are a lot of Jeff Thomas's and I have never been able to search by state on FB. I looked through about twenty of them when I had to log off because of a chef from Beaverton that keeps stalking me.

Send me a friend request. My name and picture are above--charis

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

I, to was added mysteriously to those groups. I milked it for all it was worth before being kicked out of said groups. However, that is also one reason I ditched faceook and terminated my account. I kept getting tagged added, and other things that I had NO clue I was part of, nor did I wish to be part of. I know you can adjust security settings to prevent that, but I just decided it was not worth the security and privacy riskfor staying there, if complete strangers were allowed to do those things.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I have been added to those sites before.

Why any jw would see my profile and then think I am suitable to be added beggars belief because most of my posts are pro LGBT, debunking the paranormal and everything and anything possible anti-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit