The greatest man?

by Satanus 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Satanus
    Satanus

He was just a man, according to the wt, albeit, a 'perfect man'. He wasn't god, he didn't even have a spirit. He was just a mechano-electrochemical organism. The thing that was transfered from the other side to animate him was merely a life force, a sort of electrical force, the same 'force' that animates us regular, ordinary humans and the animals. He's twice cloned, by the present time; once when a copy of him was downloaded from the spirit to the material world. Then again, when he was recreated after having been annihalated into nonexistence for 3 days, or so. No wonder, really, that jws make poor christians - their jesus is just another guy, though 'perfect'.The jesus of other religions is much greater, by comparison.

S

• snowbird
    snowbird

Amen, Satanus.

I remember being so irritated by The Greatest Man book which treated Jesus of Nazareth as just another human.

The Bible shows He is a whole lot more - that He is, in fact, YHWH in the flesh.

The Gospel of John points this out again and again.

I believe that is why the WT avoids this book as much as possible.

Syl

• Chalam
    Chalam

"No wonder, really, that jws make poor christians - their jesus is just another guy, though 'perfect'.The jesus of other religions is much greater, by comparison."

The difference between "a god" and "God" is huge.

Blessings in "my Lord and my God",

Stephen

• Satanus
    Satanus

'The difference between "a god" and "God" is huge.'

Agreed.

S

• Chalam
    Chalam

Mark 12:34 (English Standard Version)

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God."

Here's one to ponder on.

Ephesians 4:4-6

English Standard Version (ESV)

4 There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call— 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chalam

I'm pantheist. No pondering is necessary, for me.

S

• sabastious
    sabastious

The word "huge" implies that we know the nature of God so much as to weigh him against something else. I think it's important that note that we don't even know if this is within human capabilities.

-Sab

• snowbird
    snowbird

Pondering can be a good thing, no matter your inclination.

Syl

• Chalam
    Chalam

Romans 1:25 (New International Version 1984, ©1984)

25 They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Musing over :)

Blesisngs,

Stephen

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sab

'

The word "huge" implies that we know the nature of God so much as to weigh him against something else.'

It's not a statement of what god is, but about the different ideas contained in the two grammatical structures.

Snowby

No need, for i am god:) However, i could contemplate god.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit