Ski/Snowboard/Cross Country, etc Winter sports gear!

by Snowboarder 14 Replies latest social physical

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Hey, What gear do u have?

My Gear! Snowboard and Skis!

i have one board and one pair of skis i want to get a race board this summer, can't wait!

• sizemik
    sizemik

Living in CHCH NZ . . . we live less than an hour from some of the best snow in the world . . . sorry to make you jealous LOL. We get lot's of Aussies as you probably know . . . I've seen Aussie teams here training etc.

In my younger years I was up there a lot . . . on planks mostly . . . but my sons are young men now, and getting a taste for the board.

If you're ever planning a trip here . . . PM me . . . we'll put you up gladly.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Hey, i'm not Jealous i live in Canada, we hosted the 2010 Olympics we have good Mountains here, i want to visit NZ this summer i might do a working holiday, just need help getting a job and stuff. I have whistler which is i think the best! I heard NZ is cool and reminds me of Canada!

• Simon
    Simon

We did our first 2 ski trips this winter and are planning to start earlier next season.

Haven't bought any gear yet but would like to ... I know the name of one pair of skis (Armada JJs) so that I can pretend to be knowledgable and can also throw in a few words like "rad", "pow" and "gnarly" but apparently, I don't say them right because it makes my crazy-skier-friends laugh and roll their eyes (it may be the AliG gangsta pose I do at the same time).

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Hey, one more fellow canadian, i'm from the next province over BC, were do u ski? the Armada JJs skis look sick, LOL for the skier gangster words, you should get a bagy jacket and snow pants

• sizemik
    sizemik

Apologies . . . I misread an earlier post on another thread and mistook you for an Aussie. That's cool . . . I've seen plenty of Canadians on our fields as well . . . that maple leaf sticks out from a long way off LOL.

I've heard our two countries do share a lot in common (not size though) . . . salmon and trout fishing as well as the alpine sports.

If you're planning a trip and want to include some good winter conditions . . . August - September are probably the best months . . . we get good dumps in June/July but the local fohn winds can change things from one day to the next too early in the season. When I first moved here in 1978 the local field closed on 31st December! (almost mid-summer) after a new year party on the mountain. Free styling and boarding are hot sports here now . . . you'd love it.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

And if you want to try bungee jumping, go to Queenstown (NZ). Plus you'll meet heaps of young guys (and girls) your age.

pssssst Sizemik, do I get a percentage for advertising New Zealand???

• sizemik
    sizemik

I believe you should BP . . . you're doing a better job already than our current minister of tourism

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

LOL, " you're doing a better job already than our current minister of tourism" i would fly to NZ tomorrow, but its so darn expensive and i really need to visit my family, and see my wonderful non JW family as my parents call them the devil worshipers.

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Hey Kiwis what the name of the ski mts that you all ski or board at? i might come for a working holiday, i really want to come this summer so i don't miss a minute of boarding!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit