Could Russell be " disfellowshipped" one day?

by jean-luc picard 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS has pretty much jettisoned Russell, not by DFing him but by fading him...

Most everything Russell wrote is "old light" today, especially his failed prophetic speculations that got the whole thing going.

The fading process began as soon as he died.

Rutherford ignored Russell's expressed intentions regarding control of the organization.

Publicly, Rutherford eulogized Russell.

At the same time, one-by-one he dismantled and replaced most of Russell's teachings.

Finally, he stopped mentioning him altogether.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I'm new here, haven't yet even worked out how to begin a new thread, nor even found the Forum Guidelines which I'm supposed to read before I post anything, but this thread caught my eye, so here goes.

"The dubs, like all fundies, are fully convinced of "progressive revelation". " I understand the thinking of "the light gets brighter". What I don't understand (but haven't dared to say so) is how this is different from the revelations of the Holy Spirit to the Pope. Same principle. ;)

Just to introduce myself, so you know where I'm coming from, I am not yet fully a JW, am an unbaptised publisher who refuses to abandon my brain. Uncomfortable things have happened in the last couple of weeks, including a local disfellowshipping, and I am looking around and wondering if I've done something very, very stupid in getting this far.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Based on what Russell taught, he could very well be posthumously disfellowshipped, as could Rutherford, Knorr, and Franz . . . but so could Jesus himself.

If Jesus showed up to one of the WT studies, raised his hand, and tried to explain how the organization is not even remotely close to being what he had intended, he would shown the door where a "staros" might be waiting for him out in the parking lot for a second impalement.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Chariklo, welcome to JWN! Stick around and read the topics (like the "Best of" section) and you'll be able to draw your own conclusions.

• talesin
    talesin

*nods to PC*

anyone could be disfellowshipped (they'll find a way, if you are 'inconvenient')

it would just have to fit into the WBTS plan to make themselves look better

likelihood of this happening? I'd say, slim to none

t

• Farkel
    Farkel

I find it amusing how much people love to hear themselves speak or rather "blather" when they have nothing important to say.

So far, this thread is an excellent example of people blathering with nothing important to say. "Hear me! I have something to say! I do! I Really do!"

No, you don't. You are just putting out whatever you just pulled out of your ass, with no real thought and certainly no real research.

You are idiots. Most of you.

Russell is already dead in WatchtowerLand. So is Rutherford, and so is Fred Franz. NONE of their works are in print now and MOST of their works have been replaced by "New Light" (new LIES).

Quit thinking that your blathering means anything. It doesn't. Just because you can write a bunch of opinionated bullsht, doesnt make it anything more than crap you pulled out of your asses in the hopes that you think serious readers of this board will think it means any more than crap you pulled out of your opinioned asses and actually is worth discussing.

It isn't, you lazy-assed non-researchers. It means nothing to people who've done the hard work. In fact, it pisses us off. If you want to make a difference, quit opinionating and start researching. Otherwise, shut the fuck up. No one care about what you "think" because as far as I'm concerned, the serious researchers don't.

The FACTS are all that matters in exposing Watchtower lies. Get some new ones; get some ones we haven't found yet. Make a GENUINE difference. Quit blathering. It only makes you feel good, but doesn't make a whit of difference to the WT Printing Corporation. I can promise you this: they don't give a shit about what you or I "feel.". They have no feelings for us, nor do they have any feelings for those who worship them and who sacrifice their lives, families and treasures for them. Write and research about THAT, and you may make a difference.

Farkel, Tact CLASS

• sizemik
    sizemik

Farkel . . . it's a Forum . . . people go to Forums to read and give opinions . . . Anyone who goes to a Forum to find the "facts" has already got their head stuck up their own arse anyway . . . they need a therapist not "facts" . . . in my opinion.

• talesin
    talesin

I find it amusing how much people love to hear themselves speak or rather "blather" when they have nothing important to say.

I couldn't agree more, Farkel. I have to wonder if you ever look in the mirror?

t

• Farkel
    Farkel

: That makes much sense, we can now unplug the Internet, god farkel has spoken, LOL.

A rather juvenile reply from a rather juvenile mind, but not even ANY answer to my argument. In otherwords, a stupid juvenile response by a moron who doesn't even know how to form any sort of real argument.

I'm your huckleberry, 2057. Want to play?

With your vast history and vast experience on JW discussion boards, I'm sure you will want to play with me.

I'm your huckleberry, 2057. Want to play with me?

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

talesin,

You've been on this board a long time but you still don't know me. Perhaps you don't want to know me. Your choice.

I said:

:I find it amusing how much people love to hear themselves speak or rather "blather" when they have nothing important to say.

You said:

:I couldn't agree more, Farkel. I have to wonder if you ever look in the mirror?

Is your argument that I have nothing important to say or I have ever had anthing important to say? Are you willing to invalidate my twelve years and hundreds of essays on JW issues with a wave of your hand? You want me to look in the mirror and deny what I've already done and, what? Feel guilty about it? Or, do you want me to look in the mirror and say, "Well, YOU are a major idiot for helping people, Farkel."

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit