(Belated) Hello

by ABibleStudent 14 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

ahhhhh now it makes a lot more sense!!!

Thank you for sharing your JW experience and what has drawn you to our little corner of the interwebs!!

I bit of advice....... try treating posters as people first and denomination/expressed belief second.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome and thanks for your story!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Thank you psychiatric, mamalove, wobble, Found Sheep, flipper, skeeter1, 1975, Lozhasleft, yknot, and jamiebowers for respondingi. It is nice to meet you, also.

Mamalove, if we meet on the trails, we talk about everything but the WTBTS and JWs. My former friend loves to dance and she was not afraid to go to nightclubs without other JWs. I believe that now she only goes to nightclubs with other JWs to dance, because she is afraid to meet another worldly man like me. I do not try to cause her doubts, because she takes anything that I say about the WTBTS as being negative. I just ask her questions about how she feels, or I compliment her on helping and talking with her df'ed son. I have learned that contrary to the WTBTS' slogan that "All JWs behave and act the same" that JWs will not always act the same.

Skeeter1, I watched Worlds Apart on YouTube and even sent a link to my former friend. I really enjoyed Worlds Apart, and I hope that my former friend never feels the regret that the woman felt about Jehovah in the last scene of the movie.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• St George of England
    St George of England

Walk away while you still can!

The world is full of nice girls you can dance with or take trail walking. I have been hammered on this site for saying such things in the past but I really think getting involved with a JW is bad news.

George

(Born in, now mid 60's and trapped due to wife and family etc)

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi St George of England, thanks for your very sound advice. Don't worry about me. I am moving on with my life. I just enjoy talking and seeing my former friend whenever she makes the effort to accidently bump into me on the trails.

BTW SGoE you are never trapped! Please never give up hope, praying for your family and friends, and sharing your insights. You could easily send anonymous emails from a local internet cafe to your JW friends and family with links to websites such as the JWN to plant seeds of doubts. If you are interested, please read the thread that I posted on 4/23/2011 on the JWN: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/209213/1/How-to-email-JWs-at-the-Brooklyn-Bethel. Do you have to get your wife and family out of the Org, or would you be happier if she was able to think and behave authentically instead of responding without thinking?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit