Still going strong

by Lehaa 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Hi all,

Haven't been around here for ages, thought I'd pop back in and say hi.

My hubbie met sass my frass over the weekend. I've never met her b4, small world thing, her friends are his friends, etc, etc.

Funny how things happen, anyway he comes home telling me about this ex dub he met and I should add her on Facebook, after adding her I realized I knew her from here.

Well I've been spending the last few hours on here looking at old posts. I'm amazed at how far I've come, soooo much happier and stronger than I was 7 years ago. Wow has it really been 7 years. It's amazing that i've forgotten sooo many things that I went through, things that totally floored me when I was first disfellowshipped. Things that I spent night after night crying over, when I thought my life was over and I was going to die lonely and miserable. It's funny how now bumping into people that I used to know doesen't make me cringe any more, discussing beliefs of JW don't anger me any more. It really is like that part of my life never existed and my life started 7 years ago.

I now have 2 beautiful Grandaughters, the joys of marrying an older man, who my children and I adore. The youngest is only 14 months and is the cutest thing you have ever seen. I have a great relationship with my parents and step-parents, and my sister and I get along really well. She struggles at times with the fact that I'm no longer a witness but is really good about it. I even looked after her daughter for a week while she and her husband went away for a week.

The reason I wanted to post all this is just to give hope to those who are right now dealing with what I went through years ago. There is light at the end of the tunnel, things will get better. Just take things a day at a time and you will survive. I did.

I also want to say thankyou to all those on this board that we're there for me, who listened to me a helped me when I felt my life was over. Thankyou, without you all I don't think I would have survived.

Leah. xoxo.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome back. Many of us are new here since you've been away. Many old friends you'll still remember. Good to have you here.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Glad to hear it! You sound happy and content with your life! Welcome back and share any time

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, great update. I am thrilled that you have come so far from where you were.

Keep up the good work. I hope others read your post, and make the necessary adjustments.

• psychiatric
    psychiatric

sounds excellent! im in the course of leaving this faith behind me, i have been going regularly for about a year but i noticed a lot of flaws and control. I have mixed emotions but the people here are very helpful, and reading your post only confims just what i thought! Well done too!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sounds like you didn't personally need to post this. That is fantastic.

It's very good you did though. Not nearly enough postings like this one here, IMO.

Best of luck to you and yours in your new life.

om

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

That was so encouraging to read. Thank you.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit