can coc plant that seed of doubt

by jerome 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• jerome
    jerome

I would like to ask ew-jws jw a question

When you read the book crisis of conscience how instrumental was that book in getting you to leave the organisation.

I have a gf who is an active jw...

I by the way am wordly

this religion thing is putting strain on our relationship.

She condems me for obtaining information about the watchtower from apostates or just about anyone who has something yo say about the org

oh by the way she claims she loves me

I have pratically begged her to read this book so inactuality
    this relationship could depend on what this book has to say

so i need to know how it made you feel when you read it

i cant rest too much hope in it if it wont convince her that the GB is not what they claim to be.

I need an honest anwser pleae

Do you think she would look at the book and consider everything in it a lie
    or just like lock up and give the book back to me after just reading a few pages.

thanks for your help

------------------------

ps
    also how good is
    the companion book
    in search of christian freedom...
    can it plant that seed of doubt that will grow into objectivity.

• Celia
    Celia

Jerome, why do you post the same thing twice ?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=21007&site=3

I would say, it all depends ... How old is your girl friend ?
    How long has she been a JW ? Has she an open mind ? If she's not afraid to see both sides of the story, she will learn a lot by reading both of Ray Franz's books.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

You know, Jerome, I was quite kind and came to your defense in the previous thread you posted. A few people (including me) gave you some answers.
    Why don't you re-read your orignal thread?
    Please do not become like a dry leaf in one's underwear by asking the same question that you already asked before!

So many stupid people, so few comets! :o)

• jerome
    jerome

?

i am lost what do you mean?

oh by the way i dont intentionally postbthe same thing twice

when i hit the back button sometimes i get to the page which says your message has been sucessfully posted and the message appear again
    i dont dont do it to annoy people
    youre so touchy
    i dident mean to do it

anyway i asked this question in this part of the forum because
    because it wasent getting enough attention in the
    relationships part of the room

thats all that happened

• Kep
    Kep

I was disfellowshipped almost 7 years ago. In the last 8 months I have finally been able to let go as a result of this book.
    As Celia mentions in her posting, the age of your gf is I feel important.
    I've noticed that some feel this information is too old.
    I grew up in the 70s & 80s was baptised in 1983.
    The events written I could relate to.
    I read this book 6 months ago and have finally been freed. I was still trapped by their teachings.
    I had always regarded it as the "truth", never doubted it depsite being cast out unfairly. My issues lay with God and not the org. This book helped me see beyond what they claim.
    Since reading it I have helped other ex-JWs find themselves and move on in life, not living in fear of what we thought was the truth.
    I found this book very enlightening, and I'm reading the next one so I can't comment as yet.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Have you read the book yourself?

By the time I read it I was already convinced. It just reinforced my susp.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

If your girlfriend is the type who is intellectually stimulated by Watchtower doctrine, than she might find "Crisis of Conscience" liberating IF she decides to give it a go.

You might try suggesting to her that her faith or bible-based "knowledge" are much weaker than she thinks if she is AFRAID to look at a simple book.

Does she think that EVERYTHING that does not speak about the WTS in the highest terms is written by apostates? Even news reports?

Maybe you need a better grade of girlfriend. So what if she says she "loves" you? You can find yourself a better girlfriend who will love you and have a functioning brain in her skull.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This book made all the difference in the world for me. It documented clearly why God is not behind the WT Society.

However, I had to be ready to read it... Certain life events had to happen to plant some doubts in my mind before I would even dare to order and read COC.

4 years ago, I would have rejected this book outright.

I am afraid your girlfriend may be locked in "reject everything that reasons" mode, and there may not be any way to get her out of it. Sorry, just my truthful opinion.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• JT
    JT

Gofer says:

However, I had to be ready to read it...
    #########

very deep cause this is the key

if one is not ready they will not read it

i personallly know 4 folks who we have sent the book to and they have it on thier shelf- still attends meetings, complains about the Hall and bros- yet 3 feet from their bed is total freedom and they refuse to read the book

in fact they don't like when my wife and i bring it up about did you get a chance to ck the book out

they know something is wrong with the org but they are afraid to see it for themsleves

yes they HAVE TO BE READY TO READ IT

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jerome,come to play games have you?Have a good time trying..LOL...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit