Went to G'daughter's Honors Day

by snowbird 13 Replies latest social family

• snowbird
    snowbird

She is a rising 8th grader, and excelled in Language Arts, Geography, and three sports - volleyball, basketball, and softball.

I told her that next year I want her to excel in EVERYTHING, especially science and math - as she did in elementary school.

Every time I visit that school, I can feel the aura of The Ancestors who labored so tirelessly to see that everyone had access to an education.

I tip my hat to them.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Wonderful news, Syl!

Some members of my family value education highly, and our conversations are all the more meaningful to me (above and beyond the touted WT Educational System; makes me hate the Society's arrogant and foolish put-down of intellectual striving).

Thanks for sharing.

If older folk help the young ones see the need to excel and, thereby, push themselves to the outer limits, they'll have those wise adults to thank (mostly later on when they suddenly get "understanding" and appreciation).

CoCo

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks for responding, CoCo.

She wants to attend Dartmouth because it's the school the vampire guy attended (Twilight movies).

Silly goose!

Syl

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Has she considered joining the Theocratic Ministry School, Syl? You mentioned that she's excelled in language arts, but that cant compare to the pure language found amongst those that remain within Jehovah's organization. (Zeph 3:9) She may be doing well in Geography, but perhaps you can assist her geographical outlook with some spiritual landscaping via the publication See The Good Land. Jehovah is the Great Geographer! It's nice that she's physically active, but warn her of the dangers of physical training overwhelming the time that could be spent in spiritual pursuits such as personal study, field service, meditation, and prayer. Physical training is beneficial for little.-1 Tim 4:8

Syl while it may be true that our ancestors would be proud of the advancements made by their descendents, I'm sure that we can all agree that no achievement by African-Americans is a great as this man here. He's my inspiration.

• snowbird
    snowbird

You ought to be tarred and feathered and run out of JWN on a rail for that!

You just ain't right, Miz.

You and SD-7 need to contact Tyler Perry.

Y'all have a gift that should be stirred up like a fire! 2 Timothy 1:6

Syl

• TD
    TD

Very cool, Sylvia. --Takes after her Grandmother I bet.

Miz, you crack me up.

• snowbird
    snowbird

{Takes after her Grandmother I bet. }

Well, there are those who say she's just like me.

She wants to become an attorney.

She's certainly argumentative enough.

Syl

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Congratulations to her! I hope her parents are as proud of her as you are.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Awww ((((((( Syl )))))))

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, GL & Wuz.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit