untitled

by clarity 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

For your parousal or comment if you feel like it.

"In 1921, before most of us were born, a remarkable study began tracking the loves and lives of 1500 Americans from childhood to death.

The study continues even today, with research teams led by Howard Friedman still keeping tabs on the remaining few who are still alive and analyzing massive amounts of data to establish what it is precisely that led some to stay well and others to fall ill or die before their time.

>

It is a myth that married people, joggers, pet owners, and religious people will live longer.

Strangely enough Dr, Friedman's analysis shows two very important findings:

# 1. A gloomy 'chicken little' outlook - the sky is falling, the sky is falling,

where every war or crime or earthquake or flood is a sign of the end -

that kind of catastrophic mind set will shorten your life.

# 2. Being isolated from family and friends for what ever reason,

will shorten your life ... even quicker!

These are not myths, but two surefire circumstances according to the results of what the eight decades of study show!

Both of these are actually front and centre of jehovah's witnesses life, and will cause continuous fear and great insecurity that will prematurely shorten your life.

howardsfriedman.com/longevityproject/

cheers!

clarity

• Room 215
    Room 215

Charity, well done! You should, however, have given this item a title.

• clarity
    clarity

Plse see untitled post for more

http://www.howardsfriedman.com/longevityproject/

sorry about that

clarity

• snowbird
    snowbird

Proverbs 18:1 Loners who care only for themselves spit on the common good.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful disposition is good for your health;
    gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. The Message Bible

Good principles by which to live.

Thanks, Clarity

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

For some reason, I cannot edit.

I wonder if minding your own business is listed.

One of my grandmothers lived to the age of 104.

When she was asked to get into someone's mess, she would invariably reply, "I'm like the jug handle - on the outside!"

I'm striving to be more and more like her.

Syl

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

BELIEVE me, I am at a complete loss as how to get friends. On top of the cult screwing with my head, I have made major moves nearly every 2 years since I have been out. Granted the 11+ years in DC was semi permanent, I travelled EVERYWHERE in the states beause of work. I never made any friends. I find it hard to make friends now. Not so much that I am anti social, but because I am hella busy with looking after my family. I really am a chill guy once you get to know me. My problem is, I am so afraid of rejection. I also have NOTHING to do with my family (mum, dad,siblins, etc.) I am not making excuses here. What I am trying to say is that I 1,000% agree with the original post, and to some degree it deeply saddens (and kinda scares) me that I have no friends. I try to explain to my wife, but I don't think she grasps what I am trying to say. I suppose this response sounds a bit whiny, but I don't know how else to put it.

• clarity
    clarity

First of all ..... I've screwed up this post, hate it when that happens!

Old saying - "I'd forget my head if it wern't screwed on!"

I was so looking forward to the Title: THIS CULT CAN KILL YOU! and then forgot to type it in ...aahhhh. And what's with the small print!???

Anyway thank you very much for the input Room215,Snowbird(syl)x3. and Outlawwilly.

The point is that we do not normally gravitate toward gloom and doom ... the watchtower hands it to us on a silver platter and scoops it in!

We don't normally isolate ourselves ... the watchtower blackmails us with the threat of being shunned & df'd and if we don't shutup behave, they take that isolation/no talking rule and stick it right up our a$$e$ where the sun don't shine! Whenever it suits them!! Not because that's our desire.

Whoever said jw's aren't a dangerous cult ... is wrong!

Outlawwilly all I know is, that before I got suckered into this, ... I never had that worry of "no friends" Even tho I'm a very private person, that thought never entered my mind untill ... it WAS PUT THERE. Put there by a very clever mind controlling group of men. To be used later to bring about the fear of leaving ...'cause I would have NO FRIENDS if I left.

So please don't buy into their lies. For starters you have a best friend, your wife.

Secondly, once the catharsis really hits and all that programming gets cleaned out of you ... it'll be your life...your way. That may mean 1 or 2 friends maybe. Or if normally you like a larger crowd in your life, that will happen. What's that old saying? water always always reaches it's own level? Sooner or later ...wait for it!

clarity

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    The point is that we do not normally gravitate toward gloom and doom ... the watchtower hands it to us on a silver platter and scoops it in!

The jws called yesterday. Unfortunatly for them, they caught the attention of Mrs Picard.

It was a beautiful sunny day. We live in the countryside. The birds were singing, we were sitting in the garden, enjoying it all.

The opening gambit: "we have come to ask you what you think of the world situation? "

They never did get a chance to hear the reply.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I dont seem to be able to edit the above post. I wanted to add:

I think that they would have been more effective talking about creation, on such a wonderful day.

But then again, it probably isn't the set piece in the My Kingdom Ministry for this week.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit