607 wrong using ONLY the bible (and some common sense)

by Witness My Fury 492 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

So easy to kick djejjnog and obves asses.

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@beenthere26yr:

I proclaim nothing except that Jesus is the son of God and that he was sent to save us by being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. That he was crucified, dead and buried. He was [resurrected] and sits with our father to judge us. Jesus will judge me and whatever the outcome of his judgement I accept.

What does any of what you say here have to do with this topic? You are like that Samaritan woman to whom Jesus spoke at John 4:6-26, who, as a Samaritan that had obtained some knowledge about Jehovah God from the Torah, the first five books of the Bible, and knew much of the same things having to do with Moses as had the Jews, and knew that God's name is Jehovah, was a total stranger to God's sacred pronouncements, the prophetic word, prophecies like Jeremiah's and Daniel's, which is what we've been discussing here in this thread, a woman that was unfamiliar with what God had revealed about himself in the additional 34 books that had become the Bible at that time, a person that as Jesus said at John 4:22, "You worship what you do not know."

With her limited knowledge derived from the Torah, Jesus told this Samaritan woman that she didn't know God at all, for, as Paul pointed out at Romans 3:2, it was to the Jews that God "entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God." The Jews knew Jehovah; this Samaritan woman with her limited understanding, did not know a thing about what Jeremiah said, what Daniel said, what Ezra wrote, none of it.

During the first century AD, after Jesus' death, burial and resurrection, starting with when Jesus poured out holy spirit upon the 120 men and women that had been gathered in that upper room there in Jerusalem, the resurrection of Jesus Christ first began to be preached. Yes, God did send his son, Jesus Christ, to give his human life "as a ransom in exchange for many," in order that through his sacrificial death, he might lay the foundation for men to become reconciled to his father, Jehovah God. (Matthew 20:28)

Now if this should be your testimony, if this is what you are proclaiming today, that God sent his son to save "us," that's not quite accurate since, according to the Bible, perhaps you will become a beneficiary of this ransom provision, but this is hardly the case for everyone on JWN, for it isn't true that God sent his son "to save us by being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins." Jesus had already been given by God as the ultimate sacrifice that "takes away the sins of the world" (John 1:29), but he was sent to save those pursuing 'God's righteousness through their faith in Jesus Christ.' (Romans 3:22)

If today you are proclaiming "that Jesus is the son of God and that he was sent to save us by being the ultimate sacrifice for our sins," that's not the right message; this is not the "good news" that Jesus and his apostles declared, for Jesus was exhorting folks to "have faith in the good news," way before he became "the ultimate sacrifice for our sins." (Mark 1:15) In fact, Jesus shed light on the good news merely advanced the good news that had first been declared to Abraham, when God informed him that Actually, "the good news of the kingdom of God" that Jesus declared had been declared to Abraham first, when God told Abraham that "by means of you all the nations will be blessed." (Luke 4:43; Galatians 3:8) One of the sacred pronouncements that God declared to Abraham was that 'kings would come out of him." (Genesis 17:6) God had then begun to enlarge upon what had been a sacred secret since Adam's expulsion from Eden: God's prophecy at Genesis 3:15 regarding the "seed" of God's "woman."

Jesus is the manifestation of God's undeserved kindness toward those that came to have the prospect of endless life in heaven and immortality as kings in God's kingdom as well as to "the things on the earth," those who now, according to the sacred secret of God's will, have the prospect of becoming subjects of God's kingdom, mortal, but enjoying endless life right here on earth. (2 Timothy 1:10; Ephesians 1:9, 10)

Another of God's sacred pronouncements was when he declared to Abraham (Abram) that his seed would become alien residents "in a land not theirs," and that would be afflicted "for four hundred years," and when Abraham's grandson, Israel (Jacob), came to the realization that Shiloh, the seed of promise, would be born in the tribe of Judah, as the fulfillment of 400 years of oppressive rulership ended when Moses was called upon by God to lead Abraham's descendants, who became the nation of Israel, out of Egypt. (Genesis 49:10) It was after this that God gave to Israel the Law Covenant in order to prepare them in heart and mind for the coming of God's Messiah, with its many sacrifices that served not only to make their sinfulness manifest, but which emphasized their need for a savior. (Galatians 3:19, 22-24, 29)

It was by means of God's prophets that God warned Israel, even when it had split into a northern kingdom and a southern kingdom, that they would be disciplined as a nation for their failure to live up to the Law Covenant, but in keeping with the promise that he had made to Abraham, Jehovah kept sending his prophets to the unfaithful nation with one dire pronouncement after another to warn them about the calamity that would soon affect the nation, and in fulfillment of Jeremiah's prophecy, the theocratic government that had existed over the land of Judah, as well as Solomon's temple in Jerusalem, were destroyed by the Babylonians "until the land had paid off its sabbaths ... to fulfill seventy years," which it did! (2 Chronicles 36:21)

Many here question God's prophecy regarding the years of Judah's desolation, believing that this sacred pronouncement -- a very important pronouncement that served to strengthen the Jewish nation while they were exiles in Babylon and give them renewed hope in the reliability of God's promises -- wasn't fulfilled after 70 years' time. Yet these same people -- and you may be one of them, I don't know -- will readily tell you how much they believe Jesus came to "save us," the same people are the ones here that argue that one of God's prophecies -- this prophecy regarding the Jews and "the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon" (Jeremiah 29:10) wasn't actually fulfilled.

IMO, they do this, not because they necessarily want to call Jehovah a liar, but out of envy due to their hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses and/or the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses, who they do not believe to be the ones appointed by Jesus to take the lead representing his faithful and discreet slave so that through them Jesus is with us during "the conclusion of the system of things." (Matthew 28:20)

While Raymond Franz is now deceased, for many here, he is the leader of the cult to which many former Jehovah's Witnesses here on JWN now belong -- I'm going to start referring to them as "the Franzites" -- and like Mormons that adhere to faith in the holy books of the LDS founder, Joseph Smith, like the Book of Mormon and Pearls of Great Price, over the Bible, the Franzites adhere to faith in the holy books of their founder, Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom, as if once one has left "The Way," and, like their leader, they have marginalized Jehovah by not using his name, as if there were some other way that they can come to the Father. (John 14:6; 6:68, 69)

All of God's prophecies serve but one purpose: To give hope to those paying attention to the prophetic word "as to a lamp shining in a dark place" in a world that is very dark indeed. (2 Peter 1:19) As Jehovah's greatest prophet, he provided many sacred pronouncements through his son Jesus, who explained: "So now I have told you before it occurs, in order that, when it does occur, you may believe." (John 14:29) What is being proclaimed today is not Jesus impaled or even Jesus resurrected, but that Jesus is now ruling in the kingdom of God as king, and that the foretold end of this system of things is nearer now than it was yesterday. In fact, all of the prophecies that we find in the Bible "were written for a warning to us upon whom the ends of the systems of things have arrived." (1 Corinthians 10:13)

With one thing you say here I do agree: Jesus will judge all of us, he being the one that is "destined to judge the living and the dead" (2 Timothy 4:1), but I have said all of this to say, you're off-topic.

Enough said. I'm going to read 2nd Timothy 2:14 again

Why? You're doing the very thing that the apostle Paul counsels against here at 2 Timothy 2:14. Paul says in this verse, "keep reminding them of these things." What things? That "Jesus Christ was raised up from the dead and was of David's seed, according to the good news...., that if we deny, he also will deny us; if we are unfaithful, he remains faithful." (2 Timothy 2:8, 12, 13) Your reading 2 Timothy 2:14 or any other scripture -- and I'm speaking primarily to the lurkers reading this message -- will not save anyone; the Bible is not some lucky charm or amulet by the mere possession of which (and knowledge of a few choice scripture texts) one will be saved. (John 5:39) It it only by our exercising faith in Christ Jesus -- and I'm referring to real faith and not just some profession of it -- can anyone be saved.

Jesus is now recognized by Jehovah's Witnesses as the reigning king, who, since the year 1914, has been ruling 'in the midst of his enemies.' (Psalm 110:2) It is this sacred pronouncement about the "good news of the kingdom" that Jehovah's Witnesses are now preaching "in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations"; this prophecy is undergoing fulfillment in our day. (Matthew 24:14) Really, @beenthere26y, if you want to proclaim something, why not proclaim the king and his kingdom?

@djeggnog

• beenthere26yr
    beenthere26yr

djeggnog

Other people here may believe you are qualified or "anointed and appointed" to judge if my faith is real or not but I don't so if you want to place yourself in that position it's your skin, not mine. I am pretty easily amused by your ramblings.

If you are trying to belittle me or prove how intelligent and wise you are, it only reminds me of 1 Cor 1:19.

If you want want to go off on some extensive dialogue to tell me and everyone else how foolish or wrong I am it will only remind me of 2 Tim 2:14.

Now, as Forrest Gump says, "And that's all I have to say about that."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Jesus is now recognized by Jehovah's Witnesses as the reigning king, who, since the year 1914, has been ruling 'in the midst of his enemies.'

A false unscriptural date that the WTS. had at once promoted by the false ideology of Pyramidology.

This dating calcualtion was designed and devised to attract the public's attension directly for this publishing house, namely the WTS.

Jesus said clearly that no one shaw know of the time , not even his FDSL.

The connection with this dating calculation and the commercialized false prophet known as the WTS. can not be dismissed.

There are false prohpets and there are commercialized false prophets in are modern era, otherwise known as relgious charatans.

You can 7 X times a lie and it still will be just a lie.

• thetrueone
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

djeggnog:

Archaeological evidence and sources for your dates and lengths of reign for Nabonidus and Belshazzar, please! You're busy tapping away at your keyboard and spewing forth a river of irrelevancies and doing nothing to answer our questions.

... the same people are the ones here that argue that one of God's prophecies -- this prophecy regarding the Jews and "the fulfilling of seventy years at Babylon" (Jeremiah 29:10) wasn't actually fulfilled.

This presents a new problem for you. Contextually, the exiles whom Jeremiah was addressing were the ones taken 10 years before Jerusalem's destruction. Using the WT time-line and the NWT Bible, that means these exiles were going to be "at Babylon" 80 years, not 70. How do you explain this discrepancy? Or shall we also add this one to the long list of questions you've so far studiously ignored?

• Room 215
    Room 215

"Jesus is now recognized by Jehovah's Witnesses as the reigning king, who, since the year 1914, has been ruling 'in the midst of his enemies.' (Psalm 110:2) It is this sacred pronouncement about the "good news of the kingdom" that Jehovah's Witnesses are now preaching "in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations"; this prophecy is undergoing fulfillment in our day. (Matthew 24:14)"

What can transform such a tenuous stitching together of disparate scriptures, separated by centuries in their composition, combined with a liberal dose of mathematical legerdemain, into an unequivocal fact? 1914? Why not 1874 or 1934?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think Djeggnog knows " The Truth " but doesn't want to accept it for it breaks down the fact that the JWS is just as false as a religion as

the many out there. The core inner doctrine of the JWS (1914 ) is a precipitous Lie, which further propagates other lies on top of this .

Sorry Djeggnog reality can be hard to swallow at times.

By the way all the archaeological evidence ( clay tablets ) gathered in the ancient ruins of Babylon, gives evidence to when each ruler

of Babylon was in accession, as well as the destruction of Jerusalem and its pertaining kings or rulers.

• Farkel
    Farkel

djeggog and obvres,

You can't shine shit. Get used to it. You will be be demolished in here every chance you take when you try to shine your shit.

There are simply too many people in here who are smarter and know more than you do.

Take your shit and stand on a street corner (don't forget to starch your body) and hold up your shit magazines and offer them to everyone who walks by.

(Be sure to bring a hankie. It really helps to wipe off the spit when passers-by hurl it at you because of your bullshit.) Most of the rest of the world knows you and your beliefs are total bullshit. Not because they BELIEVE it is. NO! It's because your religion's 120 year record and you as a still-believing a dub PROVES it a pile of bullshit and your religion's insane policies (let alone their insane doctrines) PROVES it is a huge pile of bullshit.

With true Christian love,

Your Brother in Jehovah's Service,

Farkel, Over 300 Served CLASS

• OBVES
    OBVES

You go by what date the Watchtower came to as through them God is working in the endtimes.

It is 607 BC regardless what date you may come up .

607 BC ... 6x7=42 and 6+7=13 .

And now we can use a variety of applications of these numbers in the endtime era :

42 years and 13 years: 1878 AD + 42 years = 1920 AD. 1920 AD + 42 years = 1962 AD ; 1962 AD + 42 years = 2004 AD .

1878 AD + 13 years = 1891 AD ; 1934 AD + 13 years = 1947 AD.

1950 AD + 42 years = 1992 AD . 1992 AD + 42 years = 2034 AD .

1991 AD + 13 years = 2004 AD .

42 represents " 7 times " too . 7 weeks as 7 times 7 days/years = 49 years = " 7 times " as 42 years + 7 years = 49 years.

1991 AD - 7 weeks as 7 times as 2520 years + 7 years = 537 BC .

1984 AD - 70 weeks as 7 times + 70 years = 607 BC.

http://www.focusonthebible2011.com.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit