How can I claim compo from borg for an accident I sustained on a quick b

by focariedu21 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

I went to a quick build in Papua New Guinea many years ago in fact about 10 years now and was there for many weeks welding and concreting. The brothers were very harsh with the locals as they wouldn't share anything with them not even a meal. I think I expressed this experience with you before so I wont bore you with the details. I was disgusted by this "brotherly love" eveyone was supposedly showing and pretty much told the lot where to go and what they could do with their construction as I saw hungry children begging for a meal and turned ddown by these bastards. Any how my anger is stopping me from making my original point and that is that while I waspouring concrete the local "sisters" bless their souls had no clue about mixing or handling concrete so most of it would land on my boots and fill the entire boot with concrete. I contracted dermititis on both my feet a rare skin condition that makes you want to scratch forever and lasts for life as there is no cure...so I want some advise as to whether I should sue the society as I have lost tons of money on meds nd time lost from work...PLEASE ADVISE GUYS

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hi, you would have to prove the sisters poured the cement into your boots. You would need witnesses willing to testify to that fact. I also think there is a time limit on personal injury claims........I think you may be too late, sorry. I sympathise with your skin condition, its damd painful.

Paula x

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

Hi Pams Girl; I did attend a local gp as soon as I landed in sydney as my feet were swallen to the point where I couldn't get my shoes off and when I did my skin was totally shrivelled to the bone as the concrete acid just ate it away...so I suppose that helps in terms of having some sort of proof.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Hello

focariedu21

I would be interested in your experiences in New Guinea, can you provide a link to your post regarding this?

Hoab

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Your time limit has expired according to a quick google search on the subject that I did.

The WTS could claim you are working as a contractor so you'd have to claim under your own insurance. The fact that this happened in PNG could also complicate things.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

You need legal advice for that question, sorry to say. The time that has passed and involving a foreign country makes it a complicated case.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The WTS will consider that volunteer work you were doin,' nobody forced you

so I don't think you will have any luck in a law suit.

Even out in field service if anything happens to you

while goin' d2d, that's on you because you are volunteering. Also,

out in field service you would have better luck suing the home owner

than the WTS, because the WTS says it's all volunteer

The WTS will say nobody's forced, pressured, or coerced into anything

but we no better

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If you are doing volunteer work for an organisation, even a non-profit org, you are covered by their insurance in case you are injured.

But due to the long time frame, his chances of getting anything are slim.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you for makin' that clear BP I was unaware of that coverage

does that cover goin' d2d also, or just quick builds ????

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I think the WTS uses some legal loop hole to get out of compensation for injuries sustained while out witnessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit