Did you beleive you were A intellectual when you were a JW

by jam 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

I am embarrass to say when I was A JW and A elder I

thought I could sit down and speak on any subject with

anyone intelligently. I felt the schooling of the WT had

equip me with a clear perception of truth on any subject.

Yes the school of the WT and it,s academic degree has

set me back to middle school.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Well, I was raised in and you know that teenagers know everything!

I'm going back to school and it seems the more I learn, the more I realize just how much I don't know- and that's a lot.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Not an intellectual per se... but I thought I knew a lot about a lot, if that makes any sense. Mostly, I'm just a member of the Keepers of Odd Knowledge Society (KOOKS lol). I know facts about a lot of shit that doesn't matter...a lot of meaningless trivia. I'm really fun at parties...

• jam
    jam

Jadeen; I realize ,the more I learn the dummer I got..

• mythreesons
    mythreesons

I'm in the same boat....the more I learn and take in. The more I realize I must have looked and sounded like an idiot! LOL Witness motto..."you may not have heard of me....but I'm kind of a big deal!" (Ron Burgundy's voice)

It's so sad that I actually used to think everyone else was misinformed and not using their brains.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yeah, I thought I knew the bible. I also thought I knew what other religions taught. It took me leaving to recognize how dumb I was.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was already well educated when I went into it ...which makes me feel more stupid...

Loz x

• jam
    jam

lozhasleft; That,s funny.

• d
    d

Not reall it felt wrong even when I was young. Now I am studying all religions.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I thought I was smart. I mean I was only 1 of the 6,000,000 that knew the truth! I thought I knew everything about the Bible and why other religions were wrong... Ug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit