why would jehovah need to "rest" in the first place? july 15, 2011 WT

by oompa 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TheLoveDoctor
    TheLoveDoctor

(John

5:17)17 But he answered them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.”

• Satanus
    Satanus

God is only working parttime on little side jobs and maintanence, now. He's resting from fulltime work.

S

• watson
    watson

Mad Sweeney, Nope...1975 was the end of 6000 of the 7000 years of the 7th day. Jesus' reign takes up the last 1,000 years, and then he hands the duties back to the well rested Creator.

• oompa
    oompa

anyone know how they explain away john 5:17? is it because when jesus said it his rest day had not began yet? geeze i am getting rusty....i cant remember when he was supposed to start resting............oompa

now that i think about it i think it is in Gen. 1 or 2 that he started resting after jesus apparently made every physical thing in the universe...but that makes no sense...he would have started resting after he created the baby jesus if that was his only creation

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Maybe Jesus wasn't talking about the OT God....

In John 17:25 he says, "Righteous Father (seriously, is the angry, murdering, jealous, pillaging, vengeful, bloodthirsty Jehovah righteous?), the world has not come to know you...."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit