For those who know

by Tatty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatty
    Tatty

Hello everybody,

This is a question for those who know - I had a discussion about failed 1975 with JW and been told that WT never announced the year as the date of Armagedon and that I will not be able to find it in ANY WT publications. I dont have the publications and can't check it myself. Can anybody who have been in the organisation long enough or studied this question help me with it. Is it true that it was not published and if it was - where was it?

Sorry if this has already been covered on this forum.

Thank you

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Lesson #1

Make them make the statements that have to be proved.

If you only ask questions ..... you never have to prove anything.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

May 1974 OKM

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17.

Ask them to find it.

Ask them to read it to you.

Ask them to explain it.

You shut up. Only ask questions. Don't ever make statements, even if you think you know what you are talking about. Only give enough info for them to find the relevant info and then make them read it and explain it.

Good luck

Chris

• Tatty
    Tatty

Hi Chris,

Thank you again. I am sorry to ask - what OKM stands for?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

You might find some good quotes here:

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1975.html

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Our Kingdom Ministery

If they don't have a WT Library CD to look it up in, tell them to ask someone else if they can look at their's.

It is not up to you to provide copies of their literature.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's not 1975, but .......

The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah - How? Page 216

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=93TMZNJX

It is still on the 2010 CD, but its not the same as having hard copy. Try to find one at book sales and auctions.

Mine has a dog ear on page 216 in case I forget the page number.

• Tatty
    Tatty

It is not up to you to provide copies of their literature

I need to have a bit of background, Chris. And I do need luck.

Found it now. Thank you for the link, Transhuman. Really helpful

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You need control

Control the topic at all times.

Every time they say something, pause for a second and ask yourself ...... Did they really answer my question, or did they just cunningly change the subject just enough that I wouldn't notice?

Control

Control

Control

Control

Control

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The original publications & articles that had embarrassment potential for the WT org have been massaged in the WT Library CD so new JW's or other researchers will not find what we '75ers read or heard from them during the 1969 -1975 period.

The Watchtower organisation seems now to have used weasle words during the 1975 explosion of activity to decieve us into giving up our jobs, sell our homes, our pensions, our businesses & spend the 'few remaing years' in the preaching work.

Now the Watchtower organisation is splitting hairs & again using weasle words to decieve new converts into believing they had no part in 6 years of of excited expectation regarding 1975.

SIX YEARS & they reckon they made it clear during those years nothing was going to happen in 1975.........LIARS!!

Circuit servants were coming from Bethel saying the society believes Armageddon would likely happen before 1975.......can you imagine how exciting it was to hear that?

The Watchtower organisation WAS the cause of the expectations regarding 1975 NOT the rank & file.....we DID NOT misunderstand, we went where they led!

The Watchtower organisation will LIE to save its skin........& God detests liars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit