what a wonderful day

by jean-luc picard 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Mrs Picard and I have both got the week off, so we have decided to spend the day on the Hollodeck.

Breakfast in bed, followed by a long walk in the countryside.

Not a cloud in view.

Salad lunch in the garden ( some of our firsthome grown produce of the year), along with a generous glass of red wine.

Then a siesta in the hamack. Its a double hamack, but Mrs Picard declined to join me, prefering reading her new novel.

I didnt sleep, but lazily watched the comings and goings of the birds nesting in the trees above my head, the insects, and the sunlight flickering through the leaves.

To top it all, Mrs Picard has offered to take me out to the restaurant this evening.

If there is a God, I'd like to publically thank Him for this wonderful day, and present my excuses for not going out in field service for the last 15 years.

And, in the words of Karen Carpenter, in one of her songs:

"I wish the same for you."

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

LOvely post JLP, what a wonderful scene! Now thats paradise, in my opinion! Enjoy your meal, and many thanks for your words of support yesterday.

In the words of Karen Carpenter..."Only yesterday, when I was sad, and I was lonely,......" ...you came along and helped me feel better...thank you!

Have a wonderful evening! x

Paula x

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Thank you Paula.

So glad you're feeling a bit better today.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

glad you had a wonderful day. many many more to you

• cantleave
    cantleave

Stardate 020511

Had a busy long weekend, thanks to May day and the Royal newlyweds.

Spent most of it prepapring for, hosting and clearing up a fabulous ExJW party, where we caught up with some old friends and made some new ones.

Spent today in bed until 10am. Watched Saturday's episode of Dr. Who. Relaxed on Sofa and caught up with the latest goings on in Facebook world and JWN.

Back to work tomorrow, but ready to face it.

No borg activity means life is good here in Sunny Hampshire.

• snowbird
    snowbird

{If there is a God, I'd like to publically thank Him for this wonderful day, and present my excuses for not going out in field service for the last 15 years.}

I strongly believe there is One, and for Him, you need no excuses.

You've just made my morning here in storm-ravaged Alabama a little better.

Thanks.

Publicly.

Syl

• outlawwilly
    outlawwilly

Wow. That is a descriptive wonderful way of putting things. The older I get, the more simple things, like you just described, relaxes and soothes me. Glad you and the Mrs's had a nice day to enjoy.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It was a wonderful afternoon till Moriarity showed up.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes! Good livin' ! Beautiful! Enjoy it ~

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Keep an eye out for this guy

Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit