Awake 5/11 - THE SEVENTH WORLD POWER!!! Gasp!! - A history lesson

by doubtful 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The WTS has always taught that Britain and American make up the Anglo-American dual World Power which make up the League of Nations.

Not 'always', so be careful what you tell a JW. It's better to ask a question so that if you don't get it quite right, it doesn't matter because you were only asking a question, not making a false statement.

WT 15 August 1966, p499

So the more stable governments of the earth have really advocated and supported the League. It is significant that Revelation 13:11 says that the beast with two horns like a lamb ascended out of the earth. The seventh world power is a dual one, the Anglo-American World Power, well represented by a two-horned beast. Britain, America’s joint partner in the Anglo-American World Power, was the foremost member of the League. It is true that the United States Senate voted against America’s joining the League of Nations. Nevertheless, the United States supported the image of the wild beast through its partnership with Britain and also because its then president was a strong advocate of the League. Since that time the United States has become a leading member as well as the home of the United Nations. Throughout this period of time since 1919 the United States has also given much talk to the self-determination of peoples, and to the reconstitution of nations that have been swallowed up by aggressive empires, such as Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, Finland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Thus national aspirations have been stirred up among subject peoples. The United States promotes the ideologies of the League of Nations.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

The reason the Ivory Tower speaks of dual world powers like the Medo-Persian and the Anglo-American is simply so that they can account for those heads of the "seven headed beast" that have two horns.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I was thinking more on this today...

of course, the WT is not alone in this 'march of powers' fiasco is it?

lots of premillenial, second advent religions also salivate over the same ones and love drawing the statue of Daniel don't they.

oz

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Thanks for setting me stright, Black Sheep.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Okay, I realised this the other day during the lesson. There used to be 8. Now, there are 7?! And the 7th and the 8th are the same one?! "

You see, friends, we are actually CLOSER to the end than we thought when we wrote the Daniel Book!"

Great Job, writing department. Clap, clap...

• d
    d

I saw it myself and it did not make much sense either. I was wondering where are they getting their information from?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit