Is this just an Incredible Coincidence?!.....Amazing!

by journey-on 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have never had any coincedences like that. Is that an incredible coincedence? If not, please explain.

S

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If not, please explain.

The universe fucking hates you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Prolly cuz i got it by the balls.

S

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Right after I left the WaterTower Backhoe and Tractor Society I met Anna Younger (not her real name, or "OWG", "Original Worldly Girl", also not her real name) in Dallas. She soon thereafter moved to her hometown of St Louis, where I visited her a couple of times. She told me the story of a coincidence in her life wherein there had been another girl of the same age, living in another part of town, also named Anna Younger. Throughout her childhood things would happen that caused them both to be aware of the other - schools would get their identities crossed, the newspaper would mention one or the other wrt a school track event, etc etc; that sort of thing.

Anna moved off to go to college in a town 150 miles away. Her parents decided to buy a house for her to live in and rent rooms out to other girls as a way to save money on living expenses while Anna lived in this town. When they went to close on the house, the agent was gobsmacked - that very morning the other Anna Younger and her parents had come in to close on a house - they were doing the exact same thing. Throughout college Anna -A would occasionally get confused by someone looking for Anna -B, and no doubt vice versa.

But at the time of her telling me the story they had never met in person, and this had to be at least 7 years later.

So OWG and I aren't dating anymore and I haven't talked to her in six months or so, when I'm in a Smothie Factory and I notice the company name tag being worn by the woman in line behind me, "Anna Younger". She seems approximately the correct age, so I asked if she had grown up in the St Louis area by chance. It was indeed Anna Younger-B.

A year or so after that, I'm riding around Austin with a film crew working on a commercial, and the crew started recounting all the amazing (and they were amazing, but that's a whole other story) coincidences that had come about during the production of the commericial up to that point. So, I begin telling the above Anna Younger coincidence story, and just as I finish, we look up and we are driving under an exit sign "Younger Lane, next exit".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit