it's saturday morning and i am headed out in service.....

by chickpea 7 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

..... service to my community, that is!!!

i will be spending a 4 hour shift slinging sloppy joes
    at a fund raiser for our little community center/museum!!

here is the thing about switching teams

a lot of peeps recall me standing at their doors
    selling the party line for the b0rg.... now when
    it come up, i get to apologize and advise them
    i escaped from the clutches of a cult....

no better deed for an ex.... imho!

enjoy your saturday!

• donny
    donny

Come on now. You have to at least leave a few mags in the laundrymats. Remember my life is in your hands. You have to warn me or my demise will result in you being bloodguilty.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

So you are actually going to help someone? Not just annoy them with the rags?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am heading out to service....

...service my automobile.

• pbrow
    pbrow

hey chickpea,

no crazylegs for you??

its awful busy down here!

pbrow

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Repent! Go forth and service!

service

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

sounds like a productive morning, chickpea

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

Good for you

I never understood why we could never lend a helping hand at a shelter, food bank or whatever we wanted, in order to assist those in need. Is Jehovah really going to destory me if I give my dollar to a homeless man who may or may not do good with it?

With the answer that Jehovah will take care of everyone in the new system of things and people will gain everlasting life by means of a bible study, I always asked, "BUT WHAT ABOUT NOW?" DIDN'T JESUS FEED PEOPLE AND PREACH? DIDN'T HE SHOW COMPASSION TO THE LOWLY ONES? WHY CAN'T WE HELP PEOPLE AS JESUS DID? This would only lead to the same old response, as if they were a broken record. I didn't care. Even in sservice, I gave $ to an apparent homeless man. If someone had an issue, that was THEIR problem!

I have started collecting shoes for "Soles for Souls, and have helped out aquaintences in need, but I need to do more. I WANT to do more.

So thank you, Chickpea. Reading a little something about service like yours, you give me encouragement to volunteer like I have wanted to. I just have to take the time and get out there and do it on a bigger scale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit