What book are JW's studying At the moment?

by Pig 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Keep Yourself in God's Love should be re-titled Keep Yourself Under Cult Control

The current one is pretty rich. Instead of going verse by verse (which would probably lead people to question a lot of the JW tactics) they kind of jump around to convince people that JWism is just like the stuff the did in Acts. Pretty pitiful overall.

As far as worst book study book, I'd have to agree with Salty. It was so strange the last time when you are pasting in corrections into your old book. Though that book did help me in waking up, conducting a book study when you get blank looks from everyone after you ask the WT provided questions helped me to start examining things myself.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

saltyoldlady - I agree, the Revelation book is embarrassing. If a non-JW ever flipped through that Anti-American, apocalyptic, psychotic book, they might think that Fred Phelps wrote it.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Am I correct that I cannot just get WT books? If I request one online, a person shows up and wants to study it with me? If they know I reject WT, they could refuse to give it to me? Is there a new 'Reasoning' edition out? Do they still use the AID book or is that rejected now because Raymond Franz wrote much of it? 'What does the Bible really teach?' It looks like it is online, but is it easy to get an actual copy and how?

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

godrulz, your suspicions are right. If they so much as get a wiff that you might be "interested" they will hound you for the rest of your days. You might do better to just buy used ones off of Amazon or ebay or something.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You guys have already mentioned it; the current book being studied is "Bearing Thorough Witness" About God's Kingdom, a commentary on Acts.

Godrulz, you answered your own questions in there. If you request a book online, a pair of Witnesses will show up to gauge your interest in a book study (I refuse to call it a bible study). The book they will want to review with you first is the "What does the Bible Really Teach?" which you can review online first.

Now, to get access to the other books, you would have to be a lapdog baptized "publisher", and put your name on the waiting list at the book counter at the Kingdom Hall.

Another source is second-hand book stores. Witnesses do clean house once in a while.

For a laugh, there's nothing stopping you from donning a suit and tie, attending a local Kingdom Hall midweek meeting, and inquiring at the book counter directly afterwards.

No thanks to you guys, I scrounged thorugh hubby's chaotic filing system to find it.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I wonder if you can use a PO Box.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Note the application form.

https://watch002.securesites.net/e/contact/submit.htm

"Don't call us...we'll call you."

Then I got to thinking....they HAVE to have an address for media inquiries. So there is. From the official media website.

http://www.jw-media.org/contact.htm

Note that non-urgent requests are redirected to the branch offices.

• fresia
    fresia

It is a WT book study period, thats it!

Everyone just cowers to the WT interpretation of not the bible but the WTBTS own original interpretation of the bible, that is what its come to defending not the bible but the WTBTS and its GB apostates.

• godrulz
    godrulz

In light of the frequent flip flops and changing interpretations over the years, they really have little credibility. The light is not getting brighter since truth does not get truer. They move from error to error. One has to believe a lie (but considered truth at the time) until something else supplants it (that may or may not be true or false). Conformity, uniformity, lack of critical thinking, etc. is not meritorious compared to even individuals before God interpreting properly, even if not traditional or conformity to an organization that claims to speak for God, but does not.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

If you are studying the rancid collection of inaccuracies known as the "Bible Teach" book, then you want to be sure to have the companion volume with it.

http://www.archive.org/details/ResponseToWhatDoesTheBibleReallyTeach

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit