What Happens After The Rapture?

by Low-Key Lysmith 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

So let me get this straight. When Christ makes his return, all faithful Christians are just going to disappear snd get whisked away to Heaven, right?

What about non-Christians? Do we have to stay here on the earth with all the earthquakes and the bad economy? We have to clean up the mess?

Seems a bit unfair. The Christians helped make the mess. They used their share of the depleted resources. It's kind of like when you throw a big kegger, everybody has a great time, the keg gets emptied, everybody goes home, but in the morning you have to clean up the aftermath. Weak.

There will be benefits, however. Just think of all the things that will be allowed to progress without the Christians frowning down on them. Things like:

Stem Cell Research; Same-Sex Marriage; Planned Parenthood; not to mention all the cool cars and houses that will be up for grabs when the rich christians go to heaven;

Think of the things that will be gone! Evangelical Christian Nutjobs; The Westboro Baptist Church; Jerry Falwel

I wonder if we'll still be stuck with JWs?

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a fundamentalist author who has made a killing speculating what would happen to the remainder (Left Behind). I can send my (JW) husband in to an absolute tizzy by suggesting that the JW's can inherit the earth and everyone else can take over heaven.

• flipper
    flipper

IF it ever happened and that's a big IF - we all $hit our pants

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

lol... a very big IF, Mr. Flipper...but I do agree... some pant soiling would certainly be in order....

The Oracle

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

A huge-ass party.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Hopefully all the wannabe Messiahs, God-botherers and Devil-dodgers will be sucked up out of sight into orbit, and the world will be a better place without them. Bring it on!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Ok. So. No more Jerry Falwel and those like him.....but we all pinch a deuce in our pants....sounds like a fair trade.

• d
    d

Nothing it is all nonsense.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

From what I've read, there are two raptures.

The first is for those who are going to heaven, number unknown - they will be transformed instantly into a spirit and rule with Christ.

The second rapture is for those who will inherit the earth but they will be taken onboard rapture vessels while the Earth is experiencing the bowls of wrath.

If you think of Noah's Ark as a vessel, a flotilla which saved eight people, then the Earth itself will receive so much destruction that the only way for the remnant to survive Armaggedon is to go somewhere other than Earth.

If you have seen the movie 2012 or Knowing you will know what I'm talking about.

And no, I don't smoke crack, it's just an alternative idea to the many rapture beliefs out there.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Rapture is a false doctrine.

When all the nations fall, people will be reorganized into one of the "twelve tribes". There will be no more "nations".

The "elect" will stay among you for a while.

Heaven is not a place in outer space. It is a metaphor for higher placement in the ruling powers of earth.

The "elect" will be the mediators for others.

That is what "co-ruling" with Jesus is all about.

These people "the elect" MUST be righteous and without blemish in order to handle that kind of power and therefore must have proven themselves throughout their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit