JW at My Door Admits That She’s Had Doubts

by Broken Promises 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think they would simply say the "evil slave is primarily the Roman Catholic Church and the rest of christendom which has sprung from her, making up the Babylon the Great class "

smiddy

• sinis
    sinis

Ok, Smiddy, then my next question would be, "Why do you use a book constructed by this "slave"?"

• moshe
    moshe

Thank you Sab, for dealing kindly with this JW, but kind words are easily dismissed as "weak words", by most JWs. You can keep trying for as long as she lets you talk to her.- good luck.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Umm, I'm Broken Promises, not Sab.

• regal1
    regal1

Umm. I reject the JW's, and I know longer believe in anything spernatural. Having said that, and in the interest of keeping things real: As a JW for decades, with plenty of pioneering time, I very seldom met any person who had read the Bible as much as i did, or as much as my friends had. When this rare event did happen, it usually involved a spirited but futile argument on the trinity or other such abstractions. It's misleading to suggest that JW's are less well-read than average members of other religions. Large numbers of people don't know a damn thing about their religion. It's also pointless to suggest that JW beliefs, which are quite silly, are somehow more silly than anyone else's. Really? Wine turns into Jesus' blood? The Rapture? The JW's reject certain silliness, while embracing others.

I do feel for that woman. Doubting can be a terrible feeling. But it can lead to something good. I hope that she's able, finally, to escape from the whole business, from god, demons, everything. That's true freedom.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hi regal1,

hi and welcome to the board! Yes, I feel for the woman too. I remember there was a door I went to once where the guy asked a question and although I tried to bluff my way through it, I knew that he'd got me. And it tortured my mind that he was correct and I, as a JW, couldn't answer his question correctly using JW doctrine.

I enjoy my discussions with her, and I suspect she does too. I live in a very religiously conservative area so I doubt she gets much discussion at all. And it certainly dusts out the old cobwebs in my mind!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit