I'm on the front page of AOL o.O

by brizzzy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

That is one helluva story, brizzzy! Twice now, you are my hero.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Absolutely brilliant news ! Many congrats to you. Enjoy !! I'm getting it as soon as its out on Kindle.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

What an inspirational story!!

The book sounds great, and I LOVE the cover. I'll be picking it up. Good for you.

Tammy

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I preordered it through BN.COM about a month ago for my Nook. I haven't checked to see if it is there yet. I'm also going to order a hard coppy on my next Amazon order

I got my story backwards Brianna. I guess I order it through Amazon already because when I got home today there it was. I checked to see if I ordered the ebook yet and hadn't so I ordered it tonight. When I ordered it was still in pre order status for some reason. Anyway I've already started reading it. It is very interesting and hard to put down. I checked as a like and it is now on my Facebook page. I'll be alternating between your book and Sammy Hagar's the next few days.

Anyway Great Job!

I see you work for the South Coast Repertory. I think that is also pretty neat.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Can't wait to download it on Kindle

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

Thank you again, guys! It's scary of course, but also really exciting.

@Juan: I'm not too worried. There's always going to be assholes out there. It's the internet. It affords people the anonymity to be douchey. Plus AOL users can be a little older and more along the conservative side, so they're very set in their ways/prejudices. For the most part though, people have been really great about it all. I think I'm just growing a thicker skin. Reading negative stuff about me used to make me sad; now I'm just vaguely amused and don't feel the need to respond to every negative comment to set the record straight.

@laverite: I'm sure I could find the link and PM it to you. Was it the one where CNN came and filmed me in my natural habitat, or the one where I interviewed in their studio? They had me on two segments. I hate rewatching the TV appearances though; I was sooooo chubby at that point, and TV cameras make it even worse (bad body image, haha).

@Dagney: Yes, I've had three NPR interviews so far, I think (in Texas, Baltimore, and Miami) and a few more on the way! <3 NPR. Two were pre-taped and one was live today for an hour (the one in Baltimore, WYPR with Dan Rodricks).

@Loz & @WhereWasI: It's available on Kindle on Amazon as of today :)

@I quit!: I'm glad you're enjoying it! I see you're in California and you know SCR! I wonder if maybe we know/knew some of the same people in the same congregations! But yeah, I love it at SCR and the people are the best I've ever worked with. I just really love what I do there, and getting to work in theatre.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Check it out - Amazon rankings:

Brianna, looks like you have a BIG HIT!!!

JV

• laverite
    laverite

Briz-

It was the segment in which you were living in your natural habitat. But I'd really love to watch both, including the studio segment!!!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    I wonder if maybe we know/knew some of the same people in the same congregations!

We just might know some of the same dubsters Brizzzy. My wife still goes to a congregation in Anaheim. I'll l PM about it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Excellent. What an adventure. Glad you could write about it and build it into something productive for you. If you ever do a book signing in San Diego county, then let us know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit