Who Or What Influenced You The Most To Leave The Organization?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

any person or situation ?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

My parents. They taught me to take a stand for what is right. Once I learned that core WT doctrine was nothing but rubbish, I had to resign.

• d
    d

A mixture of skeptism and mental anguish.I also read The God Delusion.It was overall a mixtuure of alot of things.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Eric Hoffer's 'The True Beliver' had a big influance on me and it never mentions JWs once. You can google his quotes.

• unshackled
    unshackled

There wasn't one epiphany moment for me, a collection of things over many years. Like rolling a snowball, started small got bigger over time.

Characteristics that helped me was that I think too much and am resistant to authority.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Minimus

• minimus
    minimus

Nomad, me too.

• chickpea
    chickpea

my youngest child's difficult circumstance of being a female to male transgender
    convinced me that it is unnatural to love an organization more than a child so i
    stopped wasting my life in a cult and started a full throttle life in advocacy,
    policy and education about LGBT civil rights .... i was never this engaged with
    living or as happy to be alive whilst a dr0ne in the b0rg.... thanks, laddie, for
    needing me to stand up and be yo' mama... it may well have saved my life

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, Chickpea, the Organization cares nada about your blood.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Physically I left: Being publicly reproved because my best friend wrote a dream in her diary about me and her having sex with a MS. He said it didn't happen and had an alibi, she said it didn't happen, I said it didn't happen, and the diary said it was a dream. She got private reproof, he got nothing, I got public reproof. WTF. Mentally I left: Writing my first research paper in college and learning how to reference other writings and to quote in context showed me the intellectual dishonesty in WTS publications.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit