Went to the special day assembly

by ihadnoidea 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ihadnoidea
    ihadnoidea

It was mostly same old information. The theme was seeking refuge in Jehovah. The part that really only stood out to me is the one knock they took toward education. I do not remember the exact word usage but it went something like this. The brother started by saying that satan has 6 lies he uses in the system of things. And guess what? One of these lies Satan makes is that education will help you achieve financial success. He mentions college graduates are not getting jobs and now they have school loans to pay. The first thing I thought was where does he say this? Do we have record of him saying this anywhere in the bible? If not, then how can we claim he lies about this? Who now is going beyond the scriptures?

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Yeah . . . college graduates are not getting jobs . . . so how are a bunch of uneducated nitwits going to get on? . . . great logic!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I wonder how they know that satan only has 6 lies.........takes one to know one!

The youngsters today are wising up and leaving in droves, and the continual droning on and on about giving up college or further education is pushing them to start realising this drivel is ridiculous

I admire you for sitting through it. How may were there do you think? And what was the age range?

Paula x

• sir82
    sir82
    He mentions college graduates are not getting jobs and now they have school loans to pay.

Unemployment rates and education

June 4th, 2010 · No Comments · Economics, Information Design

unemployment rates and education

Source: http://www.usablemarkets.com/2010/06/04/unemployment-rates-and-education/

Look at that! Satan even manipulates unemployment statistics to support his lies!

Of course high school graduates who own their own window-washing businesses are far more likely to remain employed! Window-washing businesses never ever fail! Why, I'm sure they are at least as successful as restaurant start-ups!

Idiots.

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

My dad tried to pull that one on me. I'm in my 4th year of a 5 year accountancy program and tuition at my school is 20K per year. I challenged him to find a CPA that couldn't find a job in their field straight out of college. At least in my circle of friends, the ones who can't find jobs in their field are ones who major in fine arts or history, or who do not pursue the higher degrees in the sciences. But, any logical person SHOULD know that there is a limited need for experts in things like underwater basket weaving.

• ihadnoidea
    ihadnoidea

Yep, you are preaching to the choir. I think the world is changing too. I think education will becoming more of a requirement as time goes on. People need to be more specialized compared to times past.

@PG There was about the same amount of people as last year. There was a mix in age groups hard to tell a trend, but I would say it skewed older in general.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are taking this out of context. Education will not guarantee financial success, and there are many people that do have college loans and no jobs to pay them off. However, this does not mean education will not help one with financial success. Many jobs require college degrees, scam or no scam. If you want that job, you are going to have to have that degree whether or not it helps you do the job.

And yes, there are a few that do well without college. Entertainment stars do well, sometimes without even finishing high school. Kenny Loggins, who had numerous big music hits and was a prominent movie star (Footloose and Caddyshack were big smash hits), without finishing high school. And Billy Joel, another high school dropout, had major hit albums in 1877 (The Stranger), 1978 (52nd Street), 1980 (Glass Houses), 1983 (An Innocent Man), and 1989 (Storm Front) among others. He ended up getting credit for a college education based solely on his own success. And there are a few leaders that can forge paths on science that do not need to waste time on education.

However, in today's highly regulated environment, breaking ahead is not reasonably possible and is becoming absolutely impossible. You cannot become a doctor without a license, which requires specialized education to ensure that those doctors are not going to find off-the-Track cures for diseases. Engineers in most fields require licenses, again requiring college education to ensure they are not going to ruin the big oil and transportation companies with off-Track paradigms. And, regardless of this, this means that getting a decent job requires college education.

And it will until (unless, as I see no way it's going to happen) we see the end of the government regulations. They might run out of money--then they will turn to confiscating everything to ensure the regulations remain in place. The Rothschilds are not going to go straight--they are the ones that want these regulations to enslave us all (and that is not going to change). And, mass-awakening by the public is only going to pxxx off those in charge, meaning martial law will be imposed. Hence, like it or not, scam or not, we are stuck with the practical reality that, unless you are already making it big in the entertainment business or you are the direct descendant of the Rothschild family in charge, you are going to need college to have even a chance.

Besides, that is not all college is about. A college education is often the first step toward full independence from one's parents. Sometimes children will not take the initiative unless they have the chance to move out of the house in a controlled environment for a transition period. Sometimes parents will not let children move out except to go to college. And, sometimes there are no good opportunities in your local area, but you can attend college somewhere else. There, you can learn and make your mistakes (too much partying means struggling the next day) in a controlled environment. That's how people grow up--which they are not going to do if they stay home with their parents.

And that's worth more than the possibility of "financial success", which nothing can guarantee you.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great graph Sir82. Says a lot more than the ramblings of some bumbling elder at a Special Day trying to support the GB's misgiven doctrines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit