My daughter is getting married and jw's sisters not coming

by focariedu21 11 Replies latest jw friends

• focariedu21
  • Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I can't see your post. Can you write it again?

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

I left the organisation many years ago and took my two kids and wife with me as they believed everything I told them about the societies BS MINDCONTROLLING AND FREAKY BIBLE CONCEPTS, although not d'fp no one talks to us any longer. My two sisters are still in the borg but want nothing to do with us Nor DO their married Jw's kids. When we attended the kh/meetings many years ago no one would associate with my children because they all thought they were a bad influence because they were not baptised and never felt the need to.As many of you already know I posted my experience here not long ago about my sibblings treating my parents like trash and placing them in a home a place where they didn't want to be and soon after taking me to court to re-voke my power of attorney mum died of a broken heart over their selfish act..Now that my daughter is getting married and decided to do the right thing and invite them to the wedding I got a call from them telling me that they dont want to come and I was pretty much over the moon as I really didn't want them there anyway after what they did to mum and dad.Now I hear from my younger sister not a Jws that the're talking ad about us to every tom, dick and harry...your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad that you have been the better person in this. Inviting people to a wedding is a way of showing class and good manners. If they choose not to come then your daughter can have a happy day without the glare of disapproval.

JWs are super critical and super judgemental. Whilst they find it impossible to see their own flaws they put everyone elses under a microscope. It is that sort of religion. It is always a shame when you are the one at the receiving end. Focus on your daughters big day and put them out of your mind for now. You have a happy day ahead where you can celebrate in style.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I agree, you're better off without them.

Congrats to your daughter and I hope it all goes well.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

I was pretty miserable before but ever since I found this forum my life has changed for the better, its people like you Nugget andd Broken Promises that lift my spirit to new heights and allow me to carry on and see life in a different perspective.... thanks guys

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I wish you all a wonderful day with your real friends.

Chris

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

you can choose your friends...

but not your rellies.

good on you for looking at the brighter picture.

oz

• blondie
    blondie

If I were a betting person, I would have bet the jw family would not come. The problem lies where the jw family influence the non-jw family not to come. But then it is the non-jw family's choice; and you find out where they are coming from. I would disengage as much as possible from the jws and show as much love to the non-jws.

• focariedu21
    focariedu21

blondie; that's my view also. I said to my daughter these people don't have the balls to face the truth a face to face confrontation so the simplest way to get out of the situation is to come up with an excuse not to attend and the prophesy has come to fruition

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit