A Happy House

by noglow 5 Replies latest social family

• noglow
    noglow

Hello-

I apologize in advance if this is inappropriate for this forum. I am currently selling a house in Pawling NY, a town that has a large Jehovah's Witness community, and I have been searching for a way of reaching out to that community. It is a beautiful private house on a large piece of property. I think it would be perfect for someone with a large family.

It has a new Kitchen with granite countertops & stainless steel appliances. Living Room with fireplace, large Family room with skylights. Two Master Bedrooms with baths. Total of 4 bedrooms, 3.5 new baths. Hardwood floors. 2 car garage. New windows, roof, heat, and air. On 6.4 acres with a lovely babbling brook in the back of the property. Only a one hour train ride to NYC!

For those interested, you can see the pictures here-

https://picasaweb.google.com/gbojovska/ToPost#

Or to find out more information you can call Gordana at 800-571-9643.

Thanks!

• Scooby-Doo
    Scooby-Doo

Most people here would rather live VERY far away from a Jehovah's Witness community.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's much too big for me since I live alone. Sounds like the perfect place to 'plant some seeds' though.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

It's a lovely house, but I believe you are breaching posting guideline #6.

By the way, this is mostly an ex-Jehovah's Witnesses forum.

Syl

• AnneB
    AnneB

http://religionclause.blogspot.com/2008/10/real-estate-agents-increasingly-use.html

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Real Estate Agents Increasingly Use Faith Advertising

An article in last Saturday's Washington Post reported on the growing practice among real estate agents to engage in faith advertising-- attempting to appeal to members of a particular religious group. An increasing number of real estate agents are aiming at Christians, either by incorporating Christian symbols in their advertising or joining groups such as the 1600-member Christian Real Estate Network. Other religious groups are following suit. Kosher Connection will connect users to Jewish real estate agents. In Michigan, a few real estate agents are marketing to Muslims who want Islamic financing for their home purchase. Some of these practices risk legal challenge. The federal Fair Housing Act prohibits real estate agents from using ads that indicate a preference for members of a particular religious group. Department of Housing and Urban Development guidelines however say agents can use religious symbols if they add a non-discrimination disclaimer. In 2004, federal authorities ruled that Section 806 of the Fair Housing Act required the Christian Real Estate Network to admit non-Christians to membership. This ruling is reflected in the organization's current policies.

• cantleave
    cantleave

the growing practice among real estate agents to engage in faith advertising-- attempting to appeal to members of a particular religious group.

I needed to see a few pantagrams and ram's heads - then this spammer would have hit my demographic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit