sabastious

Snap did I get Alice'd?

-Sab

• Quendi
    Quendi

bookmark

• QuitWastingTIME
    QuitWastingTIME

I think the disfellowshipping policy, WHENEVER it took place in the history of time, is effed up and stupid. Especially to have 3 dudes who most likely have NO idea what it's like to be you "examine the facts". They aren't open minded (being do deeply involved to be elders in such a religion that doesn't allow open forum discussion is obvious proof of that) enough to even remotely be adequately qualified. Parents and friends should be involved in the JC, as well as... wait... no... there shouldn't be a judicial committee. You know, in the Israelite times, they would basically throw some dice on the table or consult a magic 8 ball to determine the fate of wrong doers. Maybe we should go back to that. ( 1 Samuel 14:41 ), eh?

Like my name implies, though, (just a friendly reminder) if anyone is interested in just taking down the WT (hijacking it and taking it over) let's talk. A well placed camera, mic bug, and some patience should clear up the question among everybody's minds: How the hell does the GB get their "new light?" Hearing and watching them have their conclave meetings might free a few minds, and explode some others.

All this venting is good and possibly healthy, but I'm ready to take drastic action.

I digress: disfellowshipping makes sense if it's someone who's promoting wrong doing or who wants to take down the organization. But disfellowshipping because one no longer wishes to purchase the time share he was sold on, thereby returning his free disney tickets is wrong. Wait, I digress again. Disfellowshipping TOTALLY makes sense in a high control organization. Pretend you never read any of what I just wrote.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Superspook,Im glad that you didnt have the wretched experience that most of us did.It is awful,and even m=now,years later,is tough when you are working with someone who is still a witness.However,the fact that you call the religion"The Truth" tells me why they might have been a bit nicer and more humane towards you.A lot of us just cannot do that.Really.Not even a little bit.Maybe they saw that you were not ready for the "tar and feather' thing.Im glad.It is not anything I wish on anyone,and you sound like a pretty nice person.Good luck,but if they find that youve been on this forum,you might be in trouble.2 people from my mums congregation just got df'd for being on "apostate forums".Be careful,ok?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Pretend you never read any of what I just wrote.

Wrote what?

-Sab

• Kensho
    Kensho

Qwt,

I feel ya dude, but the WBTS is to big to bring down and apostates are not organized and most don't give a crap. The rest are to busy with thier freedom from the Org. and just come here to vent. The rest are focused on thier therapy sessions and after today at the hall I'm going to sign up for some myself.

But that is for a future thread as I need to be careful with the details, there is more eyes than just ex-JWs watching this forum. I don't want to be paranoid but if I was at HQ this is the place I would be trolling to prepare for the aposta-hunt that will begin after the 7/15/11 wt study.

Kensho Satori

• pirata
    pirata

The disfellowshipped person is highly esteemed in the Christian congregation and their reinstatement is greatly desired.

Disfellowshipping can be rationalized if you truly think that you are a true religion.

If someone leaves because think that JWs are just another religion (ie. not the only true one), and thus have no desire to return (ie. the "apostates"), then they are going to be shunned for life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

be careful with the details, there is more eyes than just ex-JWs watching this forum

Has anyone else noticed all the posts recently that ask for personal details? How high in the org did you rise? What kind of car was your favorite? etc

Or am I just paranoid overly cautious?

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Or am I just paranoid overly cautious?

It's wise to be overly cautious if you're trying to protect your family bonds. I, too, have noticed these kinds of posts. I tend to stay away from them. The threads connecting me and my sister and a few others are tattered enough. Don't want to risk the possibility that someone could put 2 and 2 together.

I know if I mentioned my favorite car, ALL my family members would instantly know who journey-on really is.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Disfellowshipping can be rationalized if you truly think that you are a true religion.

That really is the kicker isn't it? Good point!

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit