Memorial nibbler asked to leave

by MrMonroe 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Seen this?

Blogger is a partner of an ex-Bethelite who attends a Memorial after a decade out, takes a nibble and is asked to leave. Photographic evidence provided.

Partner, meanwhile (non-JW, smoker, unmarried) is warmly welcomed.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Cool blog. Thanks for posting the link. I gave my two cents.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Pretty neat. I don't think I'd have the nads to walk in there and take of the crackers and wine.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

Nice find Mr Monroe

Here is the first part to the story:

Crashing the Memorial: Better than a 1000 Therapy Sessions Spent Elsewhere

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The reason his friend told him he should leave was because if anyone is seen partaking, they have to get talked to by the local big boys - this may be a new arrangement, I never heard about it until 2 or 3 years ago. If somebody slips away they get counted, if they get talked to and they are not a good JW they are not counted. They are really trying hard to keep the numbers down.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This is a great blog post!

Bravo!!!!! (to both the great writer who made me want to find her and thank her for writing what she did and for understanding, and to her partner the ex-JW nibbler)

• trillaz
    trillaz

Something done so freely every week at some places is such a heart wrenching affair at a memorial reject Jesus party.

• whereami
    whereami

Loved it.

Screw you Watchtower.

• Glander
    Glander

Why can't the crackers and wine be served together...

• scooterspank
    scooterspank

How brave...and hilarious. I'm still shocked at the long term effects this religion has on people. I am currently suffering paranoia over the much talked about 07/15/11 Watchtower. I was raised in the "truth" but faded out many years ago (love that term by the way). I have since established a very good relationship with my family (they're all clingers) but can't help but wonder what if any effect this article will have on them and how they treat me...I guess we shall see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit