Funniest JW memory?

by stillstuckcruz 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Perhaps something that happened in FS, the Memorial, convention etc. I need a laugh. Last year at the memorial, an old brother was SO shaky in the hands, when he passed the wine it spilled all over him. I'm surprised a disfellowshipping didn't follow. :P

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Most of my humorous memories involve farts to some degree or another.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Funniest... people falling down when their chairs break because we were too cheap and went with the frail plastic ones for the book study. Kinda mean, but the fact that we tried so hard to keep going without bursting out laughing was great. You could hear brothers and sisters of all ages giggling or holding their sides, while the study conductor was stuttering and sweating like crazy.

Or when the microphones go off or make that terrible feedback noise. Good distractions.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Funniest memory is when I was about 10 years old, and I sometimes still recall it and smirk slightly.

An elder is delivering a talk and reads Luke 21:1-4 - which reads " Now as he looked up he saw the rich dropping their gifts into the treasury chests...."

He says: " Now as he looked up he saw the rich droppings..."

He realizes what he has just said.

Starts to laugh. Turns red.

Completely loses it.

Stands there, giggling for about a minute.

"I'm sorry, brothers, I'm really..."

"Okay..."

(continues with talk)

• anewme
    anewme

I remember way back in the 70s an old brother gave a prayer who said "forgive us for our falling shorts!"

The teens in the hall just lost it!

• petitebrunette
    petitebrunette

When I was a teenager sitting at the KH one Sunday, the sister in front of us let her toddler play on the floor with her purse. He proceeded to take everything out including a feminine protection product. He then took the back off and used it like a sticker, sticking it on everything under the chair. My sisters and I died laughing.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Witnessing with a fat sister who offered the "Watchtower and Awake."

Householder: "No thanks, I don't need to watch my weight."

Working with an elderly sister who, sensing the rather butch female householder was from up Moscow way, asked her, "Are you Russian?

Householder: "Yes, I'm just on my way out."

Witness: "Well I'll leave you this then. You might find it easier to read." (Hands her a booklet in Russian).

Householder, eyeing it rather dubiously because she obviously doesn't know a word of Russian: "Ah, thanks ..... "

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

I don't know if it is true or not but a freind I was sitting next to at a meeting (it might have even been the memorial) burst out lauging one time and when I asked him why he said the brother reading Matt 21 read "Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the ass of a colt" instead of the colt of an ass.

• james_woods
    james_woods

OK, a Marion Dunlap story. (Marion was my good friend, and was the brother of Ed Dunlap - of the Ray Franz book).

Marion was a tall, good-looking guy (some compared him to Sean Connery), an intellectual, but also just a little bit distant until he got to know and respect you. He was also more than a little the absent-minded professor.

Marion's wife was Edith (he and everybody else called her Edie) - she was just about as tall as he was (6') and could be just as distant.

I had the luxury of watching the two of them arrive for the Friday night meeting (school and service at the time) and notice that Marion still had his house slippers on. Someone else pointed it out, and he and Edie immediately turned around, drove home, and got his dress shoes.

When he got back, they had on each others overcoats - having slipped up putting them back on before going back.

Nobody dared to say a word.

• Mary
    Mary

When I lived in Calgary, we had this sister who had 4 or 5 kids. Her 'worldly' husband (a total loser) would sometimes come to the meetings so he could 'keep an eye on her' and to make sure she wasn't flirting with any other men there. He was a big fat greasy slob who stunk to high heaven as he rarely ever bathed and no one ever wanted to sit within 2 rows of him.

We also had another sister there whose 12 year old son had Tourette Syndrome and at that time, she did not know about medication that might help him. He would talk out loud during the meetings and go "f*ck Mary" or "f*ck Bill", etc. because he knew it got him attention. We were all shocked at first to hear language like that going on in the meetings, but we realized that the best way to deal with it was to ignore it because then the kid would probably stop. It worked for the most part and we got so used to hearing it after a while it didn't faze us anymore, but occassionally he'd be having a bad day and would throw things around and start with the F-shots.

This one particular Sunday, we had the CO's visit and during the WT study, the kid with Tourette's threw a book at the bro. conducting the Watchtower study and started yelling "f*ck Brother Dwayne, f*ck Brother Dwayne!" and simultaneously, the big fat greaseball worldly husband holds up his 4 month old kid and yells out loud to his wife "Vivien, this kid just shit his pants!" The CO and his wife were sitting behind us and I heard him say to someone else "What kind of a congregation is this?!"

I was trying not to laugh out loud at the whole thing..........LOL!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit