According to the watchtower, it looks like we have a disability.

by man in black 20 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Haha...sounds like one of them listened to the Michael Savage radio show and just replaced "liberals" with "apostates".

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I can't believe it actually said that!..I gotta look it up.

I was thinking that with all their talk about how the government is going to turn on them (JW's) soon and persecute them (I think they are looking forward to it) that the idea never crossed their heads that it may be because the government can't take anymore of their JW foolishness..they are like pushy little rodents.. They are going to be stompted on and then cry because they are being persecuted..

Reminds me of a little boy that hits another child in the head with a baseball bat. Then when he is punished he says it is because his people didn't like his red hair...that's how they reason..

Snoozy, who has no use for foolishness..

• sabastious
    sabastious

I am mentally diseased, but I was when I was a JW too so I don't count.

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We`re not WatchTarded..

Normal people are considered Mentally Handicapped in Watchtower World..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,”and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings

Yep, actually said it, there it is...running scared aren't they...

Snoozy..

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I might be mentally challenged but that has nothing to do with me being an apostate.

• SuperSpook
    SuperSpook

The principle in the statement from that Watchtower article is taken from here.

Keep on teaching these things and giving these exhortations. If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion, he is puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words. From these things spring envy, strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions, violent disputes about trifles on the part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain. 1 Timothy 6:2-5

http://niv.scripturetext.com/1_timothy/6.htm

If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain. 1 Timothy 6:2-5—New International Version

During the first century, the principle alternative to Christianity that the first century Christians had to contend with was orthodox Judaism. Here, a line is drawn between wealthy Jews and Christians of little means.

“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyr′na write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life [again], I know your tribulation and poverty—but you are rich—and the blasphemy by those who say they themselves are Jews, and yet they are not but are a synagogue of Satan. Revelation 2:8-9

1 Timothy 6:2-5 applies primarily to those that have dissented to commercialized false religion. It's not referring to an actual mental illness.

• FollowedMyHeart
    FollowedMyHeart

Apostates according to the WBTS

• gubberningbody
  • pirata
    pirata

Superspook, welcome to the forum!

SuperSpook

Spade

Your IP hash is similar to another poster who used to post here, but likely a complete coincidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit