Tell me how this is NOT a scam

by sabastious 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think Amazing explains the position very well, here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/203018/1/Who-Owns-Kingdom-Halls-Land

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Nothing worng in being a tradesperson, trades people can make very good money.

One can argue that a tradesperson has far more "practical value" than an accountant or lawyer, in the grande scheme of things ( armegedon and what not, LOL).

I think that many go to the trades because secondary education is frowned upon, that and the tendency to marry young and the need to have income sooner rather than later.

SCAM?

While I wouldn't put it past them, I don't think it is, it may be just a case of the WT seeing that these tradespeople could fill a need and now that are "dependant" on that need and there is more insentive to continue that "availibale servitude".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, quit using stock photos!.....Nomad Soul

.................... ...OUTLAW

• RADHESYAM
    RADHESYAM

I dont think thee is anythign wrong with trades

here in australia tradies make pretty darn good money! Not only that but if you take into account how many people who go to univeristy actually end up working their selected firled of study - I know in 2007 in the US it was less than 1/3 of gradusates. You have higher chances of employment with a trade but I digress....

Is it a scam? I dont think so because they local congos own the hall.

BTW I used to always be impressed by the quick builds... until I noticed that after just 3 short years our brand new KH walls had massive cracks in them from where they had dropped

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Outlaw--Awesome picture!!

Radhesyam--I've never been in a hall with cracks in it, but there was a hall in REd Bluff, CA that broke in two. A few years ago their PO was found out to be a child molester and the brothers didn't want to do anything about it. Then when they remodeled the hall they paid an elders wife an exhorbitant price to decorate. So much so that they couldn't afford to repave the parking lot. The hall broke in two within the first year due to a fawlty foundation. I always figured it was diving retribution.

• wobble
    wobble

Do the local congregations own the K.Hall in oz ?

coz in most of the world the WT has got them , O.K it may be owned by a Trust, but no way could the local Congo. decide to disband, sell the K. hall and split the money between the members, oh no !

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hey JWN, I just got sent this as a Facebook message. I thought I would bump this thread with it.

http://www.healingxjws.com/forum/topics/document-raising-questions-re

-Sab

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Depending upon the trade, one can earn more than college graduates! There is nothing wrong with a trades person. It is skilled work that is practical. What was Jesus?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Depending upon the trade, one can earn more than college graduates! There is nothing wrong with a trades person. It is skilled work that is practical. What was Jesus?

For the record I am not dogging on tradesmen, I am stating that the Watchtower highly encourages that route because, in part, they can't utilize a degree in biology or english. They need drywallers, electricians and flooring experts to erect their profitable quick builds.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Refer to Exhibit G for the diagram that outlines the inner workings of their
    network from within the Watchtower Corporation. The network itself is a
    series of individuals who are in place and by extension have underlings
    working under them
    , the Defendants are such an example of this. Many times
    they have used unwitting parties to effect their ends. In these cases they
    have used religious statutes in an effort to try to convince parties that
    cooperating with either law enforcement or the Plaintiff's would be contrary
    to the laws of God and what is laid out in the bible
    , sadly most parties
    forget that a Christian's first and foremost duty is to the truth, whatever
    that may be. However, the Defendants have steadfastly made claim to various
    individuals that providing any information to the Plaintiff's would be going
    against the Watchtower itself and by extension God.

^ I found this paragraph particularly interesting. What is your opinion Band, is the RBC just a scam? Is this document legitimate?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit